VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Indiana Imo

Rate this question

kevin4998

Question

I am looking for an IMO in the state of Indiana who is familiar with the VA process and terminology needed by the VA (more than...).

I am looking to secure an IMO for sleep apnea (VA sleep study completed and diagnosed with the VA) secondary due too Sonoma (multiple mental issues, and service connected) and/or medications for same. I have several other medications that are also VA service connected that "could" be a possible cause of my sleep apnea.

If your aware of such a doctor in Indiana please advise. I am centrally located and will travel as necessary.

Thank you for any advice

4 answers to this question

We had a sleep apnea claim award posted here the other day...I cant find it now.

It was for steroids or testosterone therapy for a SC disability, that had caused the OSA.

Many meds can cause sleep apnea.

You might find a doctor in this list who can help you:

http://expertpages.com/experts.php/independent_medical_examiner_indiana.htm

But they must follow the IMO criteria here at hadit.

You already have the OSA diagnosis and might not even have to be seen in person for an IME ( independent medical exam)

I always suggest Dr. Craig C. Bash for most types of IMOs.

You might want to run this by his right hand man John,

John Dorley's email is
benefitsagent@comcast.net

To see if he has done any OSA claim IMOs due to SC medications and if Dr. Bash could do this type of IMO for you.

Dr Bash's web site is here and he has done MANY Blog Radio shows with us.

.http://www.veteransmedadvisor.com/

I developed the IMO criteria here from reading over the 2 IMOs he did for me.

He covers all bases.

No I did not, I will be hopefully furthering my claims with Dr. Bash later this year when I have the funds. I don't believe I can further my claims by myself as it seems they refuse to raise any of my claims above 30% and I think its because they have stated in all my C&P exams that I am already unemployable and giving me 40% or above could possibly grant me 100% TDIU. I do not know if I am actually having that issue with them but it sure in the hell looks like it.

IE:

•You must be a Veteran (obvious I qualify)
•You must have at least one service connected disability rated at least at 60%, OR (Highest I have is 30% x2)
•Two or more service connected disabilities at least one disability ratable at 40 percent or more with a combined rating of 70 percent or more. (This is where I am stuck at)
•You must be unable to maintain substantially gainful employment as a result of service-connected disabilities (marginal employment, such as odd jobs, is not considered substantial gainful employment for VA purposes). (C&P x2 both say I am unemployable)

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use