VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Officers Are Veterans Too!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Officers are veterans too.

My question is, Do they have a priority at the VAMC over Enlisted Men & Women?

or is everyone equal and rank does not matter?

I 've often wonder about that...anybody know?

Thanks in Advance!

• HadIt.com Elder

Rank doesnt matter. Priority groups dont matter either in treatment. It only applies if Congreess cuts services to certain groups so group one would be last group out.

• HadIt.com Elder

That is one thing I like about VA is that all Veterans are equal. US Army Drafted enlisted 1968-70 100% Service Connected SMC. What I don't care for is that Service Connection does not have priority. I can live with that In 1991 they had a purple rectangle with your file and ID supposedly offering priority but it was even worse than it is now.

Pete, I just ran across my old purple card. I also noticed that they didn't differentiate between 100% IU and 100% Schedular. It also listed C-File # instead of SSA # and your address.

I just got two (2) of the new non-VA treatment cards with attached letters telling me that I can't use them.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think more enlisted vets use the VA and experience the downside because there are more enlisted. I don't know about financial condition of enlisted vets vs officer vets. Many of enlisted vets have no place to go but the VA. That's possible with officers as well. I think the younger you are when you must use VA the worse off you are because you don't have time to get pension or Medicare and you are stuck with VA. My VA is so poor in quality that they are only good for pills.

John