VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recommendation For An Attorney To File Cue

Rate this question

usaf1970

Question

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a decent attorney to help me file a CUE claim? I separated the AF with proteinuria back in 1996, kidneys got worse and have been on meds since like 1999 for my kidneys. My original Disability claim was filed in 2008 and denied in early 2009. I did not file an appeal, because I didn't know what the heck i was doing. I have dug through the internet and this site and learned a lot, I requested my claim be re-opened in 2014 and was awarded 60% service connection for my kidneys in October or November. This is great for me, but I want to know if I have a claim for a CUE.
While I have read up and tried to educate myself about the CUE process, I don't feel comfortable filing that myself. I have tried to work with my VSO, and they asked me to assign them as POA....but frankly I feel like I'm doing all the work myself and I just want to be sure this gets done right.

I am currently working on adding some secondary conditions to my original claim. I have my doctor drafting an IMO letter to include in my secondary claim. Once that is done (soon), I want to file a CUE.

Does anyone have an attorney they can recommend? I live near Cincinnati, OH if that matters. Also, what should I expect their cut to be if I'm awarded some sort of retro pay? I'm thinking it will be 50% which seems harsh, but if that's the going rate I guess it is what it is.

Thanks for your time.

Pat

LawBob Squarepants is doing my claim up at the CAVC now, Berta. 15-112. He got my EED without even breaking a sweat (12-1980). I did give it to him gift wrapped but he made it rain.That's why we call them rainmakers. VSO must stand for Very Seldom Occurs.

Clear Prop

Bobarino mentioned the writ you have filed today on the radio show Alex!

Soon as I can I will read it again..

Got lots of shoveling to do.