VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ibs Rating?

Rate this question

fmfdoc

Question

I had a combination of a GW exam and C&P for my Scars, Sinus and intestinal conditions. The GW was the brief exam. Told the provider all the immunizations that I took, burning oil fields exposed to and nightmares and fatigue. at this point I'm not sure what to expect from the GW exam

One item i want to point out is the Intestinal condition exam. she looked at the several Gastroenteritis treatments during and after service( to included a DX of Hemorroids during and after service). The provider made a comment that i "should receive disabiltity for my IBS" and it looks like the provider documented a dx of IBS. I also i noticed that in 2012 i was dx with Ulceration of the Terminal Ileum, which the provider also mentioned .

In the remarks the provider stated that " Symptoms today are consistant with dx of IBS. I have encouraged veteran to discuss with his PCP

IBS would be considered a medically unexplained chronic multisymtom illness of unknown or partially known etiology related to service in the gulf

the provider also mentioned the dx with Ulceration of the Terminal Ileum that "at least as likely that not as a result of NSAIDS taken for service connected back pain. I do not think that this condition is contributing to current symptoms. He has not had a repeat colonoscopy"

aside for getting better, does this dx of IBS lead to a rating for IBS? what about the dx of Ulceration of the Terminal Ileum that "at least as likely that not as a result of NSAIDS taken for service connected back pain.

thoughts?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

.3 Resolution of reasonable doubt.

It is the defined and consistently applied policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs to administer the law under a broad interpretation, consistent, however, with the facts shown in every case. When after careful consideration of all procurable and assembled data, a reasonable doubt arises regarding the degree of disability such doubt will be resolved in favor of the claimant. See §3.102 of this chapter.

[40 FR 42535, Sept. 15, 1975]

yes I would think so!

.3 Resolution of reasonable doubt.

It is the defined and consistently applied policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs to administer the law under a broad interpretation, consistent, however, with the facts shown in every case. When after careful consideration of all procurable and assembled data, a reasonable doubt arises regarding the degree of disability such doubt will be resolved in favor of the claimant. See §3.102 of this chapter.

[40 FR 42535, Sept. 15, 1975]

yes I would think so!

thanks. so in the event i am denied for IBS, do I appeal using the above reference?