VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tarrance Vet Poll Health Care Results

Rate this topic

"A new poll from Concerned Veterans for America shows strong support for health care options outside of Veterans Affairs Department facilities, despite a new announcement from VA officials about plans to cut back on those programs.

About 88 percent of respondents to the poll — part of a larger health care survey from the conservative veterans' advocacy group — said officials need to increase health care choices for VA patients, including access to private care physicians.

About 95 percent said veterans should be entitled to the best care possible, regardless of the provider."

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/benefits/veterans/2015/02/03/veterans-health-care-options-poll/22791005/

This link is in an article this morning with comments from Ben Krause who states:

"A poll recently conducted by the Tarrance Group shows 88% of polled veterans want non-VA health care, which contradicts VA’s anecdotal claim on Monday that most veterans want VA health care.

Is someone lying? And if ‘yes’ then why?

On Monday, Veterans Affairs came out in full support of President Obama’s push to divert funds from the Veterans Choice Program to other resources. The justification for the diversion is that many veterans are not choosing the use the program. VA erroneously claims most veterans want to receive their health care from VA."

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2015/02/05/poll-shows-88-veterans-want-non-va-health-care/

As Bob Walsh made the point at yesterday's Blog radio show, veterans who receive SSA can also get Medicare A & B ,which gives them plenty of more options for adequate medical care.

The cost of part B is minimal when one considers the advantages to using Medicare

The Tarrance Group survey found 88% of the vets they polled want non VA health care.

But if 88% of VA veteran patients pulled out of the VA health system, things would have to change!

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the info Ms Berta!

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is a jobs program. I went yesterday for a test and the radiology dept. overruled my doctor on the type of test I needed. Where else does a radiology dept. dictate to a prescribing doctor as to what test a patient needs? The VA radiology dept. just wanted to do a cheaper test and they get away with it. I wanted to know exactly where the stenosis in my neck is and you are supposed to use either MRI or CT Scan with contrast. So VA just does the CT scan which shows nothing specific.....cheap! I talked to a vet with prostate cancer and he is waiting for a referral to outsourced VA treatment provider. I told him not to wait, but you get it done on his Medicare before the caner spreads. He told me he had aggressive type of prostate cancer and the VA is fooling around with paperwork!

If I was surveyed I would say the same thing as Concerned Vets for American but I am not conservative since his is not liberal vs conservative issue. This is veteran's health issue. The VA ignores the entire existing private medical care system to what end: To protect VA as jobs program and place where doctor's are trained for free at government expense and at Vet's expense.

John

I agree. I just had my check up at the docs.

She switched me to just annual check ups, instead of every 6 months.

It was the Medicare check up and they ask plenty of questions on that.

It occurred to me that those questions are probably more helpful to a real doctor to rule in or rule out medical issues ,that the VA might well overlook.

• HadIt.com Elder

The reason VA can claim Veterans don't want it is because so many Veterans can't qualify so they are not even asking. Even if you don't qualify you should ask for it.