VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

Anybody ever have a new claim disappear off of eBenefits completely? I filed a new one based on information received from my SMR's when I received them from the National Personnel Records Center. The VA was supposed to have retrieved them under the VCAA, but they were never in my C-FILE, so I obtained them myself and filed them with the VA.

I filed the new compensation claim in August, 2014, and it has been sitting on idle in Under Review for several months until a couple of days ago, when it disappeared completely. All other claims and information is still there.

Anybody have this happen?

Mark

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I had one do that, but it was in the early days of the site. You could can 1-800-827-1000 and see what they say. The motto around here is that ebenefits is helpful, but cannot be trusted to always be accurate.

Vync is right. You could also send an IRIS email, which means you get a response in writing. The 30 minute wait on the phone is a whole lot quicker than the week's I've usually had to wait for an email response, but the email is a lot easier to quote when you've got to print out those emails and send them to the RO as enclosures to your letters.

I never had a claim disappear but an appeal never showed up.

Thanks! Called 'em up on the 1-800 line and waited for my callback. When I spoke to the representative, at first they couldn't find the claim. Finally, she found it and said that it was decided and closed on February 2, 2015, and that I should be getting my notification letter in the mail. She advised that she did not have any rating information before her, because the notification letter had not been generated and scanned into their system yet. Went pretty quick from "UNDER REVIEW" to done from August to February. It wasn't submitted as a fully developed claim, so this is interesting.

Mark

Another side note......no C&P was ever scheduled for this claim, so the plot thickens. Have a great weekend!

Mark

MarkInTexas,

Start checking your "Benefit Summary Letter" under "Downloadable VA Letters" on ebenefits. You will probably see any change in your rating here before you receive the BBE. JMO

Georgiapapa.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it. I appreciate the input and advice. I have learned in this process that no two claims are ever the same, nor are the processes or outcomes, but I am always comforted by the information and experiences shared by other Veterans. Thanks again.

Mark