VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

Anybody ever have a new claim disappear off of eBenefits completely? I filed a new one based on information received from my SMR's when I received them from the National Personnel Records Center. The VA was supposed to have retrieved them under the VCAA, but they were never in my C-FILE, so I obtained them myself and filed them with the VA.

I filed the new compensation claim in August, 2014, and it has been sitting on idle in Under Review for several months until a couple of days ago, when it disappeared completely. All other claims and information is still there.

Anybody have this happen?

Mark

You are welcome.

If it was STRs submitted for recinsideration an EP is created. The reviewed. If duplicate the EP will be counted to a 400 and returned to the vet. If new it will be reviewed by a rater and they will decide if it has any new beating on prior decision. If none the vsr is notified and letter is sent and EP cleared. These are normally completed quick and done. Now if the strs were considered and an exam garnered the EP would be continued and still going. Jmho.

MarkInTexas,

I just had the SAME thing happen to me! I had two claims open and one of them completely disappeared and the other one is at preparation for notification. The disappearing claim is not in my historical claims or anything! I'm so confused. Guess I just have to wait, or should I call the 800 number?

looks like they are doing alot of streamlining of the claims on ebennies, instead of several different claims as single claims, they are lumping them together, this kind of makes sense because everytime they decide anything whether it be increase, reduction, ect, they are SUPPOSED to look at all claims and decide how the new contention affects everything. For example if the propose a reduction, they are NOT supposed to just look at the contention that they want to reduce, they have to consider all claims. This could be a route to appeal if you can prove they didnt consider everything.

Edited by 63SIERRA

MarkInTexas,

I just had the SAME thing happen to me! I had two claims open and one of them completely disappeared and the other one is at preparation for notification. The disappearing claim is not in my historical claims or anything! I'm so confused. Guess I just have to wait, or should I call the 800 number?

1800 will get you 1- 8 nothing. I would stand fast, theres alot of changes going on, and Peggy dont know whats going on.

If it was STRs submitted for recinsideration an EP is created. The reviewed. If duplicate the EP will be counted to a 400 and returned to the vet. If new it will be reviewed by a rater and they will decide if it has any new beating on prior decision. If none the vsr is notified and letter is sent and EP cleared. These are normally completed quick and done. Now if the strs were considered and an exam garnered the EP would be continued and still going. Jmho.

Thanks for the information......but what's an EP?

Mark