VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This Pees Me Off!

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

I get pissed that some of us with a 30, 50 or 70% rating have a much lower gaf score, much worse off diagnosis from doctors, saw 100 times more combat, got many more combat decorations than many that get rated 100% for PTSD just because they are in a different state or draw a different rater. It`s totally unfair to the highest degree. I know with my situation I would have got 100% if I lived in Puerto Rico and a few other places. In Puerto Rico you get 100% PTSD disability if all you had was a tire blow out on the deuce and a half you got onto at Tan Son Nhut airport in Saigon.

Cavman

I get pissed that some of us with a 30, 50 or 70% rating have a much lower gaf score, much worse off diagnosis from doctors, saw 100 times more combat, got many more combat decorations than many that get rated 100% for PTSD just because they are in a different state or draw a different rater. It`s totally unfair to the highest degree. I know with my situation I would have got 100% if I lived in Puerto Rico and a few other places. In Puerto Rico you get 100% PTSD disability if all you had was a tire blow out on the deuce and a half you got onto at Tan Son Nhut airport in Saigon.

Cavman

dont be mad at the players be mad at the game... I started at 10% and bitched and moaned went to doctors appointments and keep NOD after NOD and after 4 1/2 years i made it to 100% I was also in the First Air Cav and while i was not a grunt but a door gunner i did get the pleasure of crashing 4 times but shot only once, and that was enoght for me... it will come just dont let them win by giving up

Guest terrysturgis

In my opinion you must first crack open the door. Once you see the light keep pushing with all your might till you receive all the light you deserve. Simple analogy but it worked for me.

Cav, you completed the first part, use the Hadit site to help you finish.

Also, don't forget other claims ( DMII, Tinnitus, hearing,etc.) Terry Sturgis 100% T&P

• HadIt.com Elder

Frost of all don't blame Vets for what the VA does to you. Its not productive I am glad when ever a Vet wins their claim.

Second a GAF score is just a very small part of a per centage award for Service Connection. The GAF score is only guess and in some cases not a good one. For 100% PTSD its a hard rating to get Actually 100% is hard no matter what for.

Hang in there if you have a GAF of 35% are service connected and unable to work they will have to give you 100% one way or another.