VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opm Disability For Sc Ptsd

Rate this question

bionoce

Question

Was just approved for OPM disability retirement for the service connected PTSD. The government didn't deny and remand that one like the VA did. They put me on interim pay but I'm not sure what that is yet. Also get the health insurance back for my 7 year old son. Now to work on the P&T claim.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Bionoce, that is great!!!!

OPM..Office of Personnel Management..... is that like FERS disability?

That sounds like very good evidence for TDIU.

"The government didn't deny and remand that one like the VA did."

It is really a national disgrace what you vets go through ,with the VA.

My husband's SSDI award for PTSD took only a few months.

He didnt get 100% PTSD SC until 3 years after he died.

The only medical records he had on PTSD were all from the VA. Ridiculous.

Try to relax a little with this victory and I sure hope your son's insurance can be recovered.

I consider John999 the FERs Guru here. But not sure if you mean FERs.

Thank you Berta...yes it's the FERS disabilty retirement. I got the TDIU in November when I submitted the OPM packet. My evidence showed hundreds of days of missed work and the IMO stating permanent disability. I worked for years with the panic attacks and text book PTSD stuff pretty much soldiering on as much as I could. But then I wouldn't be able to leave home for long periods. Couldn't do it anymore so I found a way out and acted on it...OPM seems guarded over there with how they do things. And VA says I'm scheduled for reduction and review in 2019...these government battles...smh, it's unreal the lengths veterans have to go with this stuff.

Was hoping to get CHAMPVA for my boy but I don't know if I can do another VA claim and see "denied" again. My last C&P I had to call the suicide crisis line, that's how I get with the VA stuff.

OK You do have TDIU....sorry I missed that.......

"VA says I'm scheduled for reduction and review in 2019...these government battles...smh, it's unreal the lengths veterans have to go with this stuff."

Bionoce , as long as you maintain treatment with VA for the PTSD, I dont feel you have to worry about the 'reduction' stuff.

PTSD does not go away. And VA has no bonafide cure for it.

I think the way they schedule reduction and review stuff just adds to the anxiety that PTSD vets already have.

Dont let it bother you. But we will be here if they try to mess around with the TDIU.

Lets hope you can get it P & T by then. That P & T award would ensure your son has fabulous medical care.

I feel guilty that I have CHAMPVA because you vets should have it as well as your dependents.

It is really pretty unusual in my opinion for TDIU to ever be reduced.

They tried that BS on a Navy vet I met here many years ago and we fixed them but good!

Edited by Berta