VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Ptsd

Rate this question

VietnamVetsWife

Question

Hello everyone, I'm new here and first would like to thank everyone for their bravery and service. My husband served 3 terms in Vietnam, approx 2 years ago he was rated 50% for PTSD only after the VA doctor who treats him for IHD (he's had 3 heart attacks and was rated 30%) told him to reapply for IU. The VA psychyatrist agreed and also told him to apply for IU, he did and had his C&P almost 4 months ago. The PTSD C&P reports reads dx code309.81 meets full DSV-M criteria, symptoms chronic and severe, 296.23 major depressive disorder, total occupational and social impairment, the VA dr who treats him was quoted from his notes saying PTSD symptoms very severe and interfere with daily function. The C&P examiner checked all the boxes under the section PTDS diagnostic criteria then wrote in the note section suffers considerably from long untreatedPTSD and depression related to trauma in Vietnam, his symptoms are found to be profound for social, emotional and occupationtionality.

He had this C&P months ago, the claim sat in review of evidence then said evidence requested from VA medical facility overdue, I uploaded and faxed them the C&P ( I don't understand how the VA can't get records that show in the blue button section) now the claim is sitting in pending decision showing under notes evidence no longer required, my question is could anyone please offer me a opinion on what his % may be. I appreciate and thank everyone for their time and opinion.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I sure agree with above opinions.

he presented the same symptoms that my husband had, awarded 100% P & T for PTSD.

By all means get the IHD rating increased !

"he va found a suspicious lump on his kidney, they said leave it alone and see what happens ( I flipped out on that advise!) high b/p and recovered from melanoma, I don't want to see him stressed anymore than what he alreadly is at this point. Again, bless you all for taking time out of your day to give me advise, I appreciate it very much."

This could be a renal cyst and that can be very common in men over 50.

I assume he does not have diabetes.

However , maybe best to get an opinion on the 'lump' from a real doctor.

"He has been on social security disability for the past 7 years because of his heart,"

Does the VA know that? The SSDI award alone could bring his heart disease to 100%. But with 100 % for the PTSD and then 60% for SMC, the additional possible 100%
IHD wont mean anything , monetarily at that point.

I am glad he recovered from the melanoma.

Personally I would claim that at some point, as due to serious sun exposure in Vietnam, if a doctor could strongly agree. That way it is SCed if it ever comes back.

It is not impossible to get melanoma SCed. And even a "0" SC rating is better then a NSC "0" rating.

• HadIt.com Elder

VietnamVetsWife ,

He should be awarded 100% P&T% and IHD rate increase and remember about SMC and A&A, HE should be entitled to all he can get, were not getting any younger and taking care of our health at this stage in our lives we need all the help we can get, I understand his worries with the VA I think we all do that, just hang in there tell him things will be ok..you might check your Bank Account from time to time.

Anything less as for as ratings please NOD , the award letter will have information with it.

I hope he knows how luckly he is to have you taking good care of him ~~ I don't know what I'd done without my caring loving wife

Sometimes the spouse has it just has bad as us veterans & remember you take care of yourself as well

Thank your hubby for serving

I wish you both the best.

Edited by Buck52

This is such a wonderful forum filled with great people! I can't thank you all enough for responding back to me, my husbands VSO doesn't even return a phone call, you all here are far more knowledgable than he is, he in fact told us he was filing for my husband to apply for IU and after months of waiting to hear something I found he never filed. I will definitely have my husband file a NOD if he is turned down for IU, right now we are still doing the waiting game sitting in the decision phase. I will update as soon as we hear anything. Again, many, many thanks to each and everyone of you.

Sorry to hear of your stress with the VA. I understand, as I am 100% Temporary even though I have a ton of Chronic health issues. My recent claim was at Prep for Decision for over a month, and now it went back to Review of Evidence, and I have a ton of C&Ps over the next 2 weeks at multiple VAs, to include a PTSD Review Exam next Wed, which my Letter states not due until Feb 16, WTH!! Your husband along with me, are just tired of having to look over our shoulders, when we did not ask to be disabled or hurt. God Bless

• Founder

If I post my C&P exam results could someone be able to tell me what they think I might qualify for?

Make sure you black out any personal identification information. Start a new topic in VA Claims Research Forum with a topic like C & P Results Can you Review and give opinions or something like that.