VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will Va Wait For Ssa Disability

Rate this question

mcarter985

Question

Just a quick question...typically does the VA wait to see if a veteran gets Social Security Disability before making the decision for TDIU? I submitted my TDIU claim today and have an appointment next week to file the disability claim. If it matters I'm 65 and claiming unemployability for Coronary Heart Disease that's presently rated 60% (SC). Thanks in advance!

Edited by mcarter985

You know I have read and heard the same thing. From people I have spoken to it's much easier when you have ratings from one agency to the other. However, VA and SS have some drastic differences.

I filed for TDIU and i am currently in Voc Rehab online University, i wonder if me being in Voc rehab will deny my chance of TDIU Claim.. hum.....

I filed for TDIU and i am currently in Voc Rehab online University, i wonder if me being in Voc rehab will deny my chance of TDIU Claim.. hum.....

Yes, it will.

Does any one know if you are 90% and in school voc rehab, and I could I file for TDIU if my condition is mental and my va doctor says I am unemployable? Could I apply for SSI also?