VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Notification Back To Preparation For Decision

Rate this question

Asteketee

Question

2 weeks ago I called my VA rep because my claim finally moved from gathering of evidence to pending decision approval. She told me to sit down, and told me that I got it: 100% P&T and that they were back paying me to a year ago!!!! I was shocked beyond believe. Also, last Tuesday a VA worker from the regional office called me to verify my address to send the decision. Between now and then the status has jumped to preparation for notification to pending decision approval. Then, 10 min ago it went back down to preparation for decision!!! What?!? I called my VA rep and she said that it still says 100% P&T, but that maybe they had to change the wording on the cover letter?!

I can't stand how it jumps around so much, especially after being told I got the 100%! My nerves are shot, and my anxiety is through the roof! Anyone else experience this?

Edited by Asteketee

TEE: Take a breath, all movement is good. If you haven't already done so, set up your Bank or CU account to TXT and EMail you regarding any and all DEPOSITS and withdrawals. My Retro was in my Account about 4 days before I got the Big Brown Award/Denial Envelope. I got the TXT advising me of the LARGE Deposit at 7:00AM. Way to start the day, right!! My DRO Hearing was 6/27/14, had a copy of Official DRO Award Decision that same afternoon. Didn't receive the Award Envelope until the end of 07/14.

Semper Fi

Gastone

I have had direct deposit with everything since I got discharged in 2011. I'm still waiting to get the envelope, but now that the status changed I get SO NERVOUS. Don't they know that PTSD is a STRESS disorder?? Thanks for your advice. I will try my best to sit tight and NOT check ebenefits.

TEE: We all have the direct deposit these days. You would be surprised the number of Vets and non Vets that don't have automatic TXT and EMail notification set up on their Credit Union and Bank Accounts. If you already have that feature set up, your ahead of the curve. I meet with a number of NAM PTSD Vets, none of them had a clue that TXT or EMail notifications from their Banks/CUs were available.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Aste,

Congrats on the good news and sorry about the Ebennie Shuffle. My current claim was at Prep for Decision from Dec 14 until 2 weeks ago, and now it went back to Gathering of Evidence. Now I just found out that I have a ton of C&Ps over the next two weeks at multiple VAs, WTH! Now I have a PTSD Exam Review next Wednesday too. Just tired of this roller coaster.

Ugh, so sorry Navy04!! This process is so stressful. I try to not even check ebennies, but I just want them to be done with the claim. It's all worth it in the end though! I just keep in touch with my VSO and let the VA do their thing. Good luck on your C&Ps!