VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Best Way To Add Dependent?

Rate this question

kate7772

Question

My husband's claim was officially awarded at 90% but it's clear from the monthly amount listed that I have not been included as a dependent. What is the quickest way to be added? Better to do online or have DAV do it?

Thanks

Kate

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

4 answers to this question

I am rated at 40% SC and got married back in August, 2014. Immediately following the marriage I filled for dependent benefit. I thought at the time that it would automatically be attach to my current appeal. I filed the proper form with my DAV rep and waited until December of 2014 still didn't see any movement on the spousal claim. Just before December, I got a letter from VARO requesting I clarify about my adult children. I took the letter down to my DAV rep office, she immediately got online directly and answered their request right there and then. I began receiving my first spousal support money in January, 2015. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for answer to my appeal. I suggest applying for your spousal benefit with your DAV rep in person, if possible. Good luck!

Good advice by Navy.

good advise to file on line, but to firm it up faster is go visit your DAV rep. They have direct access to your VARO which makes it a step faster if you were to do it yourself online. I have had the same result with another issue earlier which my DAV rep took care of expediently, whereas if I had done it myself online, it probably would have taken a bit longer for a response.