VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rebuttal To Slanderous Hypnotic C&p

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Jo, Don't shoot yourself in the foot! The VA is saying you have an Anxiety Disorder which can be service-connected and IS compensatable!

You need not spend so much time and energy focused on the Axis 2, Personality Disorder. It's on Axis 2 and has little bearing on your PRIMARY (Axis 1) diagnosis.

Remember, you YOU are not qualified to diagnose yourself! So, if you are unhappy with the diagnosis, you need to get an Independent Medical Examination, one from a Psychiatrist outside of the VA medical system

As for the allegations of hypnosis, if you honestly believe you were hypnotized against your will and absent informed consent, I sugest you contact the VA Office of Inspector General and report patient abuse. The VA can and will use hypnosis as well as a sodium amytal interview to rule out malingering or other kinds of psychiatric disorders - but they can not, by law, do this without your consent.

To me, it really sounds like you were experiencing a major flashback and disassociated during your C&P Exam. You had a brief psychotic reaction, so to speak, during your C&P Exam ... I haven't been in the psychiatric field for a long time, but my AFSC in the USAF was Psychiatric Technition.

You are terribly afraid of doctors and persons in authority. I think the VA would respect your wishes to be seen by only female providers, and you should NEVER be alone in an exam room with a male Dr. Tell the VA that you will file a 1151 Claim if you are ever injured during VA medical treatment!!

Hang in there!! ~Wings

Edited by Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA is willing to admit service connection on any mental/emotional disorder the door is wide open for a higher rating. My diagnosis for mental disoder is wrong, but I get IU for it anyway. I have the personality disorder thing as well but it is axis 2. Axis 1 is what counts. Don't bother arguing with the VA about a diagnosis if it is a mental disorder because what matters is the percentage. It they say you are 100% for anxiety then so be it. They could say bipolar and 100% and you get the same money.

• HadIt.com Elder

John999,

I have been trying since 1978 to claim one cent from the service. At this point John, what I didn't have, I have by now!!

John,

The Va knew that I would never be able to collect on the pension that they awarded me.

Berta has posed a logical question.

I filed for Anxiety with Depression and Headaches - with each filing. How does this become an acquired psychiatric disorder?

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine

If the VA is willing to admit that you aquired a mental/emotional problems in service or due to service just get the money and don't worry about the definitions or medical mumbo jumbo. Are you service connected as of this date?

• HadIt.com Elder

John999,

No, I have only the pension. Not doing me any good and never will.

My claims file is on the desk of the male Psychiatrist to carry out the orders of the remand:

After the above development has been completed, the veteran's claims file should returned to the board of VA psychiatrists who participated in the April 2005 examination for clarification of the provided opinion. They should be requested to review the record and reconcile their opinion as to etiology in light of the evidence added since their examination of the veteran, including the May 2005 statement of Dr. B C. C and the January 2006 statement of Dr. M P.

The letter that I received from the AMC stated that they wanted a New Opinion. Dr. B has had it now for about 2 weeks, from what I can find out.

I did call to see if he wanted to meet with me and he told his secretary, it wasn't necessary at this time.

What ever his decision is, will be my answer. He didn't sign the first time, perhaps he didn't agree with all the lies.

Like you said, I don't care what they call me as long as they read all the information and leave out what they have no basis for.

They do know that I am prepared to take this to the Court of Appeals and this time, I will at least have a lawyer.

Thanks,

Josephine