VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pes Planus

Rate this question

Fat

Question

Recently discovered I was reported to suffer from flat feet on my entrance exam into the military.

Mild and asymptomatic.

Had numerous lower leg problems during service (shin, knee, hip, calf, etc).

I'm service connected for my knee.

I want to file for flat feet; however would my service connected knee help the claim?

You have started many topics...it is best to stay in one main topic----I replied with the rating criteria for pes planus here this AM or maybe it was yesterday, with a BVA case that might  help you but I dont know what topic I replied to you in.

I was deployed into Desert Shield/Storm. Served in several area . In this tour I went through areas the had bombs which had not exploded, sleeping under armed tanks and beneath fueling planes above you. That's just a few situations. Came back home to enter the VA under the Registry, in which, they finally found the records. I had not one medical problem before going,  avid runner but can't run any more. I have problems with muscles in right side (arm, neck, foot) surgery on foot, potential surgery on right hand and eyes. Filed for PTSD, headaches, have to wear a CPAP machine when I do sleep because of not breathing, depression and anxiety. The doctors states its bursitis. I have been denied several times. Which way should I go. I'm tired of the non-concern from the Govt.

I hope you have appealed those denials within the proper time frame.

The denials had to reflect , from VA, what was missing in the claim-that missing info could be a inservice nexus, current documented diagnosis, many reasons for denials,  , that the decision should state.

I believe you will have to re open those claims ( if you did not appeal them in time ?) with "New and Relevant evidence"- meaning whatever evidence VA did not  have, in the past,  that caused the denials.

Are you in the Burn Pit Registry?

VA has not determined any burn pit presumptives yet but there is a vet here ( forget who) that I gave some current Burn Pit info to, as many vets are claiming sleep apnea from environmental hazards ( aka the burn pits).

All of your disabilities will need a service nexus as far as I can tell here, and that would be found within your SMRS and/or strong buddy statements, meaning eye witness accounts from members of your unit same time, same place, with their contact info and their notarized signature. They should give as many details as possible of what inservice cause, event, stressor, they witnessed ,that involved you and the specific disabilities you have claimed.

Can you scan and attach the denials here to include the Evidence list? Cover our C file #, name, address prior to scanning that.

On 4/4/2015 at 2:19 PM, jackdays said:

Mont36 is your back and knees secondary service connected to your flatfleet. I have just recieved a 50% rating for acquired flat fleet and 10% rating for right knee. Want to file for hip, back, neck and ankles secondary to my flat fleet.

i took Berta's advice and used Dr. Ellis clinic, his imo went a long way. thanks

Dr. Ellis did an IME for my severe adult acquired flat foot syndrome.

I'm awaiting a BVA ruling for service connection for the above.

It is very encouraging to hear you report success using the Ellis Clinic.

TY