VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone On Hadit Had Their Sc %s Reduced Recently?

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

As you good folks on here know, I have a ton of C&Ps over the next two weeks for my current FDC claim. I also just found out that I have 3 or 4 of my current SC disabilities are up for Review Next Week. I of course as most Vets on here, am a dang nervous wreck. I am just wondering has anyone been up for review and had a condition reduced recently? Does the VA usually just continue to current % worst case scenario? Thanks in advance and hope you guys are having a good weekend.

• HadIt.com Elder

if your TDIU I read if you don't send in the 21-4140 ( employment questioner) they might send a proposal to reduce!

Your safe at age 70 or you have 20 years in on your disability.

Buck52

Thanks for the quick help guys. I was 80% when I was Medically Retired in Feb 13. I filed an FDC late 13 and increased to 100% Feb 14. I am scheduler 100% not IU.

Hey Navy04 I'm watching your C and P's closely. I have avoided filing for secondaries to my PTSD just because I'm afraid they'll get angry and pull a review C and P of my PTSD like they're doing with you.

I guess I will be the devils advocate here. Listen if you are honest with yourself and honest with the VA,...I know hard not to laugh, but seriously follow me for a moment, don't be afraid to rock the boat. If you have the evidence and documented treatment records and are still receiving treatment via VA docs or private then hell yeah Id rock the boat. If you are still having problems with your conditions and have continuity don't be afraid to rock the boat. They, the VA raters, want you to be afraid. Don't. Stay within the rules. Keep records. Keep treatment going. If you are as bad as you say your are then hell yes I would ask for the help and ratings. As long as you can justify it and back it up with medical treatment then the hell with having fear of reprisal. These jokers have been doing this for decades, trying to intimidate veterans not to rock the boat for fear of retaliation. Stand your ground. Push the evidence and treatment records. If you are as bad as you are then you have nothing to fear especially if you have proof. The big thing is ask for help when you need it.

With regards to PTSD, the VA see this condition as treatable and in their eyes a condition that will get better. I don't want to get into details with my severity, however, in my case my use of denial and not facing the truth of things that I do and how my time in Iraq has affected me, I have gotten worse. I think in part because I am thinking about it more and remembering those feelings that I tried to bury deep. In my case denial has not helped me I have gotten worse with some things. Trying to suck it up and deal with it on my own was not the best course to take and has had consequences. Your being, your mental being, needs to be addressed and treated. Somethings you are never going to get rid of or forget, however, learning to live with, deal with, and mitigate the effects that your traumatic experiences has on you can be helped. Many people deal with it in different ways but it can be helped. Sometimes in a short while, or long one, and many times years and decades. We are each different in our coping mechanisms, however, it can be done.

With the ratings on PTSD, or the like, sometimes it is not a static disability. Not my view but the VA's. With this condition there are so many secondaries that can be tied to it by facts and the course of the illness. Depression and anxiety are common and most likely will stay with a Veteran for the rest of their lives. Hypervigelence , isolation, outburst of anger, and many more, every person deals with and exhibits different symptoms and degrees of severity. The thing that gives me comfort is the support of family, friends, Hadit friends, healthcare providers, and yes bite my tongue, even VA health professionals, there are some good people out there, even in the VA, the entity that we, as Veterans, continually fight and I have to mention God, although I lost faith many years ago, faith in a God or religious being, can be of help at times in tremendous ways.

This is just my two sense. JMHO and take it with a grain of salt. Didn't mean to go on a tangent. That's how I would fight a rating reduction or even an implied one.