VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Shrink Exam From Ssa

Rate this question

calnight

Question

I just got the exam from ssa. I had to see there shrink for my ssd. It states;

axis 1, ptsd and bipolar

axis 2, deferred

axis 3, none dicussed

axis 4, unemployed; financial problems

axis 5, 50

MENTAL STATUS EXAM;

claiment has no audio or viual hallucinations. he does have nightmares and flash backs to his military experiences in somalia africa. he suffers from paranoia connected to those experiences. he also diagnosed with bipolar disorder. he feels suicidal often but will not take is life for the sake of children.

HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS;

he was in the service for 4 years and 3 months and was stationed in somalia. he states that they were supposed to be there to feed the hungry, and it became a nightmare. he saw his friend shot and a little child. he suffers from visual and auditory flashbacks and the from smells like diesel fuel. he has nightmares, insomnia, and problems with authority. he states that he never had these problems before his service. he sleeps 2-3 hours a night 3,4 times a week. he cannot communcate with others. has hypervigilance, and anger problems. two years ago he assulted a supervisor at work. even after going back to work he contuined to have verbell altercations with coworkers. he states, " it was very scary i was out of controll"and he felt something bad was going to happen. he lives in fear that he will hurt someone and be arrested for violence. he does not want go to jail or prison and feels he must protect his children from having a father who is in jail or prison. he is ashamed of his fear and unemployment. but is more afraid of being out of control. he isolates himself from society, but dedicates himself to being a house husband and the care of his children. he is on meds, and feel they make him blurry and fuzzy. he is depressed and states thathe fine one day and depressed the next. he states if it was not for the children he would not go on.

PROGNOSIS; fair

given claiments continued therapy he may feel safe to work some time in the future.

OK HERES THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION SHOULD I USE THIS AS EVIDENCE FOR MY VA CLAIM I AM ALREADY AT 50% FOR PTSD AND I AM TRYING TO GET ATLEAST 70% AND IU. I DO HAVE A VA DOC STATE THAT I AM UNEMPLOYABLE WITH A GAF OF 46. AND I JUST HAD A C&P 3 DAYS AGO FOR MY INCREASE STILL WAITING FOR A COPY. SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE C&P RESULTS FIRST. TO ME THE SSA EXAM HAS SOME GOOD AND BAD PONTS IN IT SUCH AS THE PRONOSIS. SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SHOULD I HOLD OFF ON SENDING THIS REPORT OR DO YOU FEEL THIS IS GOOD EVIDENCE AND SEND IT OFF. THANK YOU

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think it would help your claim. Unlike SS the VA does not have to concern itself with being able to work in future. If I were you I would be more worried about SS denying your claim cause it is required that you have a Medical Opinion that says you can't work for a year.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete's right. The report for SSA should explicitly say " can't work for at least one year". The SSA may shoot it down otherwise. If it flys for the SSA it would really help with the VA. I know this all seems like a game, but you must use the right buzz words and phrases and so does your doctor.

Pete's right. The report for SSA should explicitly say " can't work for at least one year". The SSA may shoot it down otherwise. If it flys for the SSA it would really help with the VA. I know this all seems like a game, but you must use the right buzz words and phrases and so does your doctor.

john

do you think i give this evidence to the va for my increase and iu.