VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Care

Rate this question

goofycow

Question

I have been really relating to Josephene(sp) and her troubles with her C&P. I can sooooo relate.

The VAMC refuses to acknowledge my problems & fears of doctors, especially male doctors. They constantly expect me to go to primary care but will not do anything to help with with the anxiety that goes with this & that it triggers me & makes me act like a person wit all types of undesirable personality traits. They had had me in a room with male doctors without a nurse present.

Several years ago, when i was facing a stay in the hospital, private sector doctors gave me a combination of Xanax & Prozac just to get me tru the front door of the hospital. this probably saved my life. Of course these doctors in the prrivate world assumed that I had some value & worth as a human being. HAAAAAHAAAAA!

I have high blood pressure, grossly overweight, probably have all kinds of artery goo, had renal cells in one urine sample. Nothing was ever done....If i don't start getting care, at some point, I know I will go the way of my husband. Yet, the mental health "professionals" seem so determined not to acknowledge my problem with docs/gyns, that they are willing to let me die rather than get any medical care. Since going to VA, it seems my depression has gotten much worse, but if you read my progress charts, I am such an evil, mean, bad and nasty person, it's a wonder I don't have a wrap sheet a mile long. What really makes me mad is, I have no recourse legal or otherwise.

Yes, dears I've been totally off paxil for 3 days now & my fangs & talons are coming out. Plus i think my barbed tail is also trying to emerge. Isn't it interesting that they cannot or will not prescribe Xanax because it is addictive but being on paxil is acceptable????

OK, done with my rant.

Liz

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I sure hope that it is acceptable for me to laugh with you. You will probably never make it without your Xanax. Not if you hang around the Va.

As you said, what you don't have, they will eventually give it to you. I have to talk to myself to keep from going completely crazy.

I am frightened to death of doctors and refuse to change. I have known Dr. P, my Internist for 29 years and he knows what to expect of me.

Heart pounding, sweaty hands and all that goes with it.

Being that I am 62 now and started all this filing mess at the age of 34. I figure I will die first and then they will be rid of me, but not until I reach" streets paved with gold", will I drop this case.

I have been on medications for most of my life and with the Valium for 29 years straight. I don't care if it is addictive or not, as it has became one of my molecules by now.

Take care,

Josephine

Actually, it was private sector care docs in FL who gave me the one-time prescription for Xanax. They seemed more interested in saving my life than afraid of rewarding "bad' behavior or giving validitity to my fears.

As far as VA is concerned, they would rather let a vet die than save him/her. saves them a whole boat load of cash in unpaid bennies.

Liz

• HadIt.com Elder

Liz.

Do you have private insurance to pay for you to go outside of the Va?

You would definitely get the meds that you need and the proper care.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have diagnosed anxiety problems it should not be that hard to get Xanax prescription. By the way for most with panic disorder Xanax is the med of choice. Good Luck

VA here in AR does not admit that I have anxiety. Instead they have labeled me me with all kinds of personality disorders. Soo my most recent post under "Peed off" to find out how I have been doing the last few days. I would love to go to a private doc but private mental health care types are few & far between here in AR.

VA here in AR does not admit that I have anxiety. Instead they have labeled me me with all kinds of personality disorders. Soo my most recent post under "Peed off" to find out how I have been doing the last few days. I would love to go to a private doc but private mental health care types are few & far between here in AR.

You must be in the NE part of the state, because I moved back to the SW part from Panama City Beach FL because I couldn't get the pain care that I need there in Florida...horribly draconian system.

I have actually had pretty good luck with my pschyiatrist, but it's a outpatient based community clinic, and it is owned by the private doctors that I have gone to for years.

I haven't been able to get my private doctor to give me Xanax for chronic panic disorder, and while talking with my mom she reminded me of a few years ago there was a man you was dealing drugs and killed another man in town (very small town of around 2500...I live in the mountains, so this is the city ha) and he used addiction to xanax as his defense, and sued the doctor who prescribed it to him believing that he needed it...he was a great doctor, anyway the doc's insurance settled with the jerk, and he went to prision anyway, but the doctor was not able to resume a normal practice and soon moved....henceforth, my private doctor has a better memory than I do, and will only prescribe the antidepressents.

He actually told me this..." well I'm not saying that you can't have sexual sid weeffects from Celexa, but it is highly unlikly..." this was after I just told him I wouldn't take Celexa because of what it did to me.

I ended up telling him that I would just keep taking the Valium that the VA gives me, and wait until my next VA psych appointment...he gave me a trial pack of Lexapro so I wasn't leaving empty handed.

It does get difficult going to these doctors who are covering their behinds, but are leaving us in a state of total disability due to anxiety.

Sorry for the long post but my button was pushed with this subject....

BoonDoc