VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Partial Success

Rate this question

Jmgonzales1966

Question

When on ebenefits and its showing 80% on my award.. I was at 70%. The file is still showing gathering of evidence though and they set me up for a C&P in the next 2 weeks. I had a 0 percentage for shoulder and they gave me 20% effective 9/2014..when I filed the claim.. I did that thing where i requested they make a decision on the claim.. Because I have never received compensation for this will they go back prior to 9/2014?

I believe the effective date for an increased rating is the date the claim was filed for the increase which in your case would be 09/2014. JMO

Congratulations and good luck.

heh a win is a win. That's good news. Keep in the fight and good luck with the rest.

Congrats on the win bud, and great news to hear that the new Decide Claim function on Ebenefits actually works. Georgia is right on bud, the increase is only paid beginning the following month of award, no retro.

I may not even get back pay for the time I applied because the claim is still open.. They have to evaluate other things I requested. They granted me 20% more but the others are still pending.. So will I get the back pay for 80% now or do I have to wait till the claim is closed? Anybody have experience with this situation?

yes, just had a claim in which they made two partials and then the final award and all three times i was back paid to the claim date. Took over three week period to finalize. You'll should get retro in the bank within three to five days.

Congrats man on the win!!!

Eric