VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal At Bva Stay With Vso Or Get Atty

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This does not exactly answer your question, but the VA does have a traveling BVA board periodically. Basically, they come to your RO and have the hearing there. It could prevent the need for travel. I took advantage of one of these years ago.

I'm not a BVA expert, so I will defer to others with more experience regarding your situation.

Personally, I would pony up and get a hired gun. My opinion is based on 3 worthless VSOs from 2 different organizations.

Edited by K9MAL

Agree with K9MAL and GLW. I wouldn't use a VSO when filing an initial claim and I certainly wouldn't use them at the appeals level. I have heard stories of VSOs going before the BVA board with a vet and the VSO introduced the vet to the board, sat down and let the vet fend for themselves. JMO.

You can represent yourself at your BVA hearing, you can have an attorney, or you can use your VSO.

Generally, most Vets advocates agree the best time to hire an attorney is just after a BVA denial.

NVLSP "only" accepts cases after a BVA denial, as far as I know. You dont appeal a remand...you wait until the remand is implemented, then, if you dont like the results you can appeal.