VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Comp & Pen Scheduled Emg

Rate this question

DianeElizabeth

Question

Hi - I am presently at 60%

After sending in a Notice of Disagreement in Dec 2013 and not hearing anything, I decided to forward a letter requesting movement on my case. I received an immediate phonecall.

First of all, my last appeal for 100% for unemployability. My last comp exam was in 2010 and I was turned down because they said I probably ruined my back by sitting and working as a researcher for 20 years. Mind you, I did work as a News Researcher for 18 months but had to stop because of the problems stemming from my service connection conditions. I am still rather stunned as to where they acquired that information being that I have not worked since 2001.

Back to my question: I had an EMG in 2012 which I requested myself using outside physicians for my own use to assist my treatment. The VA wants to do another EMG and if anyone has had one, you might understand my crankiness.

Can I not submit the 2012 report for comp and pen?

My newest endocrinologist doctor, who saved my life recently said to me "It looks like the VA was trying to kill you". I discovered on my own research that I had Hyperparathyroidism and it was evident in all my labs that the VA had for so many years. I finally decided to research the high calcium and high alkaline phosphastase and asked for a Parathyroid test. I had a tumor removed. It recurred in 2013 and had another one removed which gave me Hypoparathyroidism. My doctor could not understand why so many doctors refused to even check to see what it could be. Needless to say, I'm tired and cranky.

So second question, can VA malpractice be brought into Unemployability compensation?

Thank you all. I apologize for the meandering but it's been a long road. Sometimes it's difficult to stay on course regarding this subject.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I'm sorry you've had to suffer at the hands of the VA and may have to go thru another EMG (I've only done one myself).

But I encourage you to go along with all of the tests and hoops they have; your past EMG could come in helpful too but the VA likes to do their own thing.

Hang in there, Diane! :smile: