VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Allison Hickey Email To The Va Employees

Rate this topic

Closure

Just passing on this info...

ALLISON HICKEY EMAIL TO VA EMPLOYEES

VBA Colleagues and Partners,

There is no particular reason for this email today no anniversary event, no service birthday, no major milestone just a few thoughts to share. I have missed sending you more frequent notes. Some of you might have wondered where I went the last 2 months or so except for Marines in our midst who clearly saw their Birthday message and responded in force to me!

Frankly, I have been talking to our Veterans many who have sent me emails. I cant tell you how many emails I now get and personally write everyday but you are helping me answer their questions by your actions across the nation. Many of you are completing claims for them that have been waiting some time now. Thematically, their questions are about the status of their appeals, their dependency claims and even their health care concerns. I probably do well over 3-4 hours of emails with Veterans every day (many at night and on the weekends as well.) In fact, there are so many email communications going back and forth that some have asked how we sustain this level of engagement with our Veterans. Then I remember

That is why we are here to take care of them to answer their questions and concerns. It is our whole reason for being. Its the reason we have a job, a passion to serve, a sense of purpose, a roof over our heads and food on the table we have a job to do and they are the ones we do it for every day.

Each of us has the blessing to do this humble mission. Without the needs and questions from our Veterans, their families and Survivors we have no reason for our existence. They define our very reason for being. The extra patience, kindness and transparency we can show no matter how many times they land in our email box or phone or claims receipts make all the difference in their experience and thoughts about us and the honorable mission we serve.

Every interaction you have with a Veteran, their family or Survivor is an opportunity for us to show our kindness, appreciation, and understanding that they are the reason we do this mission. I ask you humbly, please do it well. If you are meeting with a Veteran, talking on the phone, or emailing be at your kindest and most compassionate self. Understand that sometimes they are frustrated (and often rightly so) and they need to be heard. I was reminded this week that we have one mouth and two ears for a reason we are designed to hear more than we say. Lets hear them and respond in healing ways.

Thank you for all the times you are so very kind, compassionate and professional with our Veterans, their families and Survivors.

Proud to be your USB

Allison

I was impressed by the letter and I hope Allison Hickey's concern and compassion becomes contagious and spreads rapidly throughout the VA.

I have had multiple emails from MS Hickey, after she responded in a few hours to my first one.

yesterday the Director of my VARO emailed me and called me as well.

After that however, I received another email from MS Hickey, that was cced to others at VBA and apparently,unlike the info I got from the Director, my claims might be transferred to a different RO.

That would be GREAT. I sent in all of my evidence with my claims. I have full confidence I will succeed.

That is, if I live long enough too.

I griped in Social today in more detail however because ,when I emailed Ms Hickey a brief background of my last 20 years with my VARO, I think she could readily see that they consistently had ignored my evidence , in practically every issue I had over the past 20 years and that forced me into the backlog, without extending me my basic rights within 38 CFR 4.6.

As I have said here many times 38 CFR is not only basic VA case law, it is a powerful tool that we can use against them.

That is one reg they broke that helped me win my past CUES.

VA is finally seeing,from veterans and their dependents, a true picture of what the claims system is really like for many of us.

It is great because they (VA) never showed this much interest before.

• HadIt.com Elder

It's a nice letter ,now we all have to wait and see if it helps?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use