VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Allison Hickey Email To The Va Employees

Rate this topic

Closure

HOORAH - Keep up the good work Allison! Sometimes all it takes is a simple response, a text, or IM. See, your response signifies that there is life at the end of the claim tunnel. We know the claims folks are busy, GOD knows we do, but I work at the VA and I can recall several times sending a very short email to my VSO asking for a status update and he would delete my email without reading it or read it and just never respond. That's where the frustration comes in. :sad:

So, kudos and Hoorah to you for sending this email. Its timely, its full of kindness and I truly THANK YOU for taking a moment to see us as people/Vets and not just another claim or SSN number. :wink:

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It is great when someone of authority reminds VA employees they should be doing what they should have been doing all along.

KINDNESS , COMPASSIONATE, PROFESSIONAL????

HOW ABOUT COMPETENCE, ACCURACY, AND A SENSE OF URGENCY.. ?

I dont want your compassion, kindness or your sense of professionalism, I WANT MY DAMNED COMPENSATION!!!!i WANT DOCTORS WHO ARE HONORED TO SERVE VETERANS , NOT DOCTORS WHO LOOK AT IS WITH DISDAIN.

How about not trying to find any way possible to reduce or circumvent veterans compensation. How about stop making it the veterans job to gather evidence in the VA s possession, how about treat veterans with the same amount of respect as we were treated when we were sent thousands of miles away to do our countrys bidding.

DONT TELL US... SHOW US..

Edited by 63SIERRA

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I can relate to 63sierra. After dealing with varying levels of VA competence and incompetence for 20 years, you realize that the staff that heads up the organization is only there temporarily, but we are permanently Veterans. There have been more broken promises than promises fulfilled. I personally think what Bob and Allison are doing is great, but they would not be in their current position if not for Veterans speaking up about real problems. I don't think he is biting the hand that feeds him, but instead is trying to help cut through the seemingly infinite red tape.

Point taken. Trust me I'm on board with the frustration but I'm just saying don't misplace the anger that's all. Why get mad at the person that is helping? Sounds like correcting the behavior helped some of us vets get movement... isn't that the goal?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use