VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Impatient Wife

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

Hello everyone,

I have a question about my husband’s appeal. This week, he received a statement of the case (SOC) and when I called the VA, the person let it slip that he received a partial award. She also stated that they are planning on sending my husband the information on the 17th of this month. He had two claims they decided; unemployability and hypertension. I looked on ebenefits and I did not see any change. Is there a way that I can find out what they decided before the 19th or 20th? Thanks

Good luck on that, how about setting your bank account up to notify you via Txt & Email of all deposits and withdrawles. Vets usually have the Retr Deposit well in advance of receiving the actual award.

You indicated a SOC not a S-SOC, right. What exactly did it say? You may be able to get close by careful review of what the Rater put in the SOC.

If yours has been a long wait, don't run yourself into the ground, sounds like your going to have some sort of conclusion shortly. Phone calls will just drive you nuts going in circles. If you absolutely have to do something, take your SOC to the VRO's main office usually at your VARO. Call to make an appointment with the Head Guy/Women in charge. The VRO at VARO have greater access to your Appeal Info than the field offices not to mention more seasoned and experienced Reps. Sometimes the VSO can walk accross the hall to the VA Rating Dept and talk to someone they know.

Semper Fi

Gastone

I agree but the SOC should identify the claim it was prepared for and have some key info in it.

"and when I called the VA, the person let it slip that he received a partial award."

Did they say, or does the SOC state, what claim they made the partial award on?

Does it say granted, denied, or deferred?

I have gotten some odd SOCs and SSOCs in the last 2 decades but they always stated what claim (at times I had 2 pending at same time ), or what specific issue the SOC was for.

Also the first thing I would read is the evidence list because most of my SOCs.SSOCs, ignored the most probative evidence I had.

The Evidence list might reveal a clue on what the partial award was for. Strange SOC,in my opinion.

Thank everyone for the replies. I have not received anything as of yet. My husband does not have a VSO, I have been doing everything for him so far. The person stated that on February 11, 2012, your husband received a partial grant , then she said,, what, that was yesterday and started to tell me that the Va will send out the SOC on the appeal on the 17th of February.. She also said two were decided: unemployability and hypertension. The other two that were in appeals, are still under review. I filed his NOD November 2012 ( original claim was Aug 2011) . I was doing some research and can a unemployability award be a partial award? I am having a hard time thinking about other things ( like school and homework) because i have invested so much time in this.

Edited by vistagirl81

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there vistagirl81.

I hope things turn out good for y'all

Thank you for helping your hubby and thank him for his service!

Buck.