VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Impatient Wife

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

Hello everyone,

I have a question about my husband’s appeal. This week, he received a statement of the case (SOC) and when I called the VA, the person let it slip that he received a partial award. She also stated that they are planning on sending my husband the information on the 17th of this month. He had two claims they decided; unemployability and hypertension. I looked on ebenefits and I did not see any change. Is there a way that I can find out what they decided before the 19th or 20th? Thanks

Vista: Just because you didn't use a VSO, doesn't stop your from using any of them now. For the most part, I think the lion's share of Veterans can handle their own claims on a Pro Se basis. A VSO at the VARO would have access to info that might not ever appear on your E Ben site. I use a VSO just for discussion of Claims topics, usually after the fact. If you decide to avail yourself of the VSO assistance, you need to find a very experienced well seasoned Rep to get the best advice. New VSO's are like New Attorneys, they all have some books smarts but not much experience.

Semper Fi

Gastone

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey there stretch,

Hope your feeling better bud?

Thank you all for your replies. I will get a VSO, but it will have to be for the claims my husband has left. By the time i get to the regional office, the letter will probably be here. i am not having a hard time occupying my time since school is back in. I guess i will have to wait and see after they decide to send it to him. I hope they granted both of them :) and he got the SOC because the htn is at a 0 percentage... but one can always hope.... Also, i have been reading some of the other posts and many individuals have come across similar issues that my husband is facing at this time.

We missed you on the show last Wednesday, Stretch. Watch out for those chuckleheads at the VAMC. They gave me MRSA, three unneeded operations and a septal infarct. They're practicing rather performing medicine. They also remodeled my tummy at no extra charge with recalled alloderm. But I guess you knew that...

post-12899-0-76059400-1423942277_thumb.j