VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

See The Psyc Tomorrow Morning

bigjim

Question

Do i need to give the shrink a stresser letter tomorrow

or submit it with my other paper work that VA wants

within 60 days//bigjim

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

In my opinion, I would most definitely give the Psychiatrist a stressor letter .

You may wish to refer to it, Talking to a Psychaitrist sometimes can be very difficult and you may not think to say all that you would like. He may wish to keep the letter and he may give it back to you.

Is this for a C&P?

I would cover all bases

Josephine

In my opinion, I would most definitely give the Psychiatrist a stressor letter .

You may wish to refer to it, Talking to a Psychaitrist sometimes can be very difficult and you may not think to say all that you would like. He may wish to keep the letter and he may give it back to you.

Is this for a C&P?

I would cover all bases

Josephine

thanks for the reply, this is for a C/P exam reopen case for PTSD. I have two stresser letters, one

from the army and one from the Navy, How much detail do i need to say, thanks again..bigjim

Guest terrysturgis

Bigjim, you need to get real on stressor letters. Evidence or proof wins claims. Buddy statements, pictures of where the stressors happened, anything you have that is evidence to help prove what is being claimed.

I recently helped a friend compose his stressor letter and we also enclosed pictures of some enemy he killed with an M-60.

It's hard to bring these memories back but if you do it now I feel it would help speed up your claim. Also make copies for your records. Good Luck! Terry Sturgis

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

You can give a COPY of your stressor letter to the examiner - but mail the Original to the VARO! Also, bring any current medical records to the examiner that have any direct bearing on your PTSD Claim.

I post this site often, but folks never comment on it's usefulness. I happen to think it's a great guide!

http://www.kfvn.com/ptsd/tablecontents.htm

Table of Contents

Chapter 1 The VA System & The 38 CFR

Chapter 2 Let’s Talk About PTSD

Chapter 3 Filing a Claim for PTSD

Chapter 4 After a Claim is filed - MHC

Chapter 5 PCT Unit Intake Assessment

Chapter 6 PCT Unit Inpatient Programs

Chapter 7 PCT Unit Outpatient Programs

Chapter 8 Letters from Psychiatrist & Psychologist

Chapter 9 About Stressor Letters

Chapter 10 Retrieving Medical Records

Chapter 11 Retrieving Military Records

Chapter 12 Other Documents in Support of PTSD Claim

Chapter 13 The Rating Board

Chapter 14 100% Rating Formula Explained in Detail

Chapter 15 After you file your Claim.... Then What?

Chapter 16 Submitting Evidence

Chapter 17 After you submit Evidence...Then What?

Chapter 18 The “C & P”Chapter 19 The Rating Board Decision

Chapter 20 If you Disagree with the Rating Board Decision

Chapter 21 Disability Rating for Unemployability

Chapter 22 Example “Forms Completed”

Chapter 23 Blank Forms

Chapter 24 Example “Letters”

Chapter 25 Example “Stressor Letters”

Chapter 26 Example “Military Awards”

Chapter 27 Example “After Action Reports”

Chapter 28 Example “C & P Questions”

Chapter 29 VA Hospitals & Telephone Numbers in the USA

Chapter 30 Addresses - Where to Write

Chapter 31 Example “Certified Mail Receipt”

Chapter 32 Example “Rights to Appeal Form”

Chapter 33 List of PCT Units

SEE ALSO Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: See Initial, Review and Mental

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm

Bigjim, you need to get real on stressor letters. Evidence or proof wins claims. Buddy statements, pictures of where the stressors happened, anything you have that is evidence to help prove what is being claimed.

I recently helped a friend compose his stressor letter and we also enclosed pictures of some enemy he killed with an M-60.

It's hard to bring these memories back but if you do it now I feel it would help speed up your claim. Also make copies for your records. Good Luck! Terry Sturgis

i just so happen to have my cruise book for that cruise, it hows all the pictures of the fall and

evac of siagon, it has everthing i need thanks,,bigjim