VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

They Didn't Use My Dbq's,

Rate this question

newcharter

Question

Hi all, I have the following contentions:

Ptsd

Sleep apnea w/clap

Eczema secondary ptsd

dmii/ secondary ptsd

Sinusitis

Rhinisitis

Flat feet

Mastectomy (male), commonly called gynocamastia with scarring

Tenitus

Hearing loss

I finally have 2 C and P exams this week, tomorrow for hearing and Thursday for pulmonary and scars. I have nasal surgery prior to my cp exam (2 days before) for polyps. My polyps will be removed and my septum corrected. The examiner won't see polyps because they will be removed. The va has proof on cat scan.

I have no exam for PTSD, sleep apnea and flat feet. Does this mean that they are going to deny these and try to get enough ammo at c and p to deny the rest?

I have done everything by the books. spent over $1500 on IMO s from several doctors linking with nexus and had all Dbq's filled out. I was told if you have Dbq's, no C and p to save time. This anxiety is driving me nuts.

5 answers to this question

The VA does not always schedule all C & Ps at the same time. You could be scheduled for more C & Ps on a later date. Also, submitting DBQs does not necessarily mean there will no C & Ps. Sometimes they still order C & Ps and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they may order C & Ps for one condition and they may let the DBQ suffice for another. You never know.

The anxiety is normal. Think positive. If you submitted good evidence for each of your conditions showing diagnosis and a nexus to your military service, you should be fine.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

If they do not use your DBQs in the actual decisions and you have proof that you sent them to the VA, they have committed a CUE.

But that rarely happens

"The anxiety is normal. Think positive. If you submitted good evidence for each of your conditions showing diagnosis and a nexus to your military service, you should be fine."

georgiapapa is right on the mark.

I agree with Georgia bud, as I myself have had multiple C&Ps this past week at 2 different VAs, and a few more to go in a few weeks from now, and I just found out about those yesterday. I myself have had over 30 C&Ps in the last 2 years, even though I submitted over 10 DBQs. I just had a C&P this past week because the VA claimed that my DBQ for Migraines/TBI was lost the last 2 FDC claims, yeah right. Submitting DBQs does not guarantee no C&P exams, in fact I have had exams for just about every DBQ that I ever submitted. VA likes to use what I believe will most likely work in their favor. What is the point of us Vets doing all the leg work, spending money on IMOs, begging VA Docs to fill out DBQs, when in the end the VA along with the Rater will use whatever evidence they want. Good luck, God Bless and keep us posted bud.

I agree with Georgia bud, as I myself have had multiple C&Ps this past week at 2 different VAs, and a few more to go in a few weeks from now, and I just found out about those yesterday. I myself have had over 30 C&Ps in the last 2 years, even though I submitted over 10 DBQs. I just had a C&P this past week because the VA claimed that my DBQ for Migraines/TBI was lost the last 2 FDC claims, yeah right. Submitting DBQs does not guarantee no C&P exams, in fact I have had exams for just about every DBQ that I ever submitted. VA likes to use what I believe will most likely work in their favor. What is the point of us Vets doing all the leg work, spending money on IMOs, begging VA Docs to fill out DBQs, when in the end the VA along with the Rater will use whatever evidence they want. Good luck, God Bless and keep us posted bud.

I would believe that when there is equitable evidence both for and against the claim, they are supposed to rule in the veterans favor.