VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Was I Entitled To Smc All These Years?

Rate this topic

I have been reading these topics today. My question is I was granted IU P&T for bipolar, at 70%. I am

SC for sleep apnea 50%, dd c spine 20%, and hypothyroidism 10%. I am also SC for 5 other conditions at 0%. I have been IU P&T since November of 2001.

Im gonna guess "yes".

It is a little unclear if its 100 plus 60 (added) or 100 plus 60 (combined). I think you get it either way, tho.

Expect VA to fight you tooth and nail for this, but maybe not.

• HadIt.com Elder

Im gonna guess "yes".

It is a little unclear if its 100 plus 60 (added) or 100 plus 60 (combined). I think you get it either way, tho.

Expect VA to fight you tooth and nail for this, but maybe not.

After the 100% (usually a single condition) the VA likes to use combined. There is an argument that the 100% consumes the combined method, and all after should be added.

Yes, its worth it. I think SMC S is about 340 per month. Since you get the OLD rate when ever there is retro, you still are looking at 300 per month average times 14 years...that's "about" a 50,000 retro.

Wow! I could pay off all my debt.... I am just so afraid to do anything. It would be incredibly stressful for me at this time if I have defend my ratings. Based on the way the VA works, looking to reduce Veterans.