VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E-Bennies Question

Rate this question

NemosNavy

Question

Hey guys & gals...A couple of questions. I submitted an FDC claim for sleep apnea (my SMRs with military diagnosis and surgery to have my tonsils out to try and alleviate the sleep apnea with acknowledgement of the records by Buffalo VARO from 2012, a DBQ, private physician records, my polysomnograph w/ CPAP, and a medical opinion from my doc using the NEXUS format with more likely than not verbage for the apnea but she also put on there my high blood pressure is also caused by the apnea...did not put in a claim for it) back in October to the Buffalo VARO. My claim stayed in under review until about 2 weeks ago when it automatically jumped to Preparation for Decision. Is it normal for a claim to jump like that and how long does it normally stay at that phase? Also I had put in a dependency claim back in October with it, and was wondering if that will delay the decision on the sleep apnea claim until thats approved? Any information or knowledge would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all for your service.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

NemosNavy,

It is not unusual for the status of your claim on Ebenefits to jump back and forth. There are different reasons this happens. As to why yours did, only the VA knows. Since your claim is in the "preparation for decision" status, you should keep a check on your "Benefit Summary Letter" under "Downloadable VA Letters" on ebenefits. Any change in your rating will usually be reflected here before you receive your official notice from the VA.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

Georgiapapa.

I've had multiple claims (including a dependency claim) going through at one time, and I found that they would usually wait for the claims to finish at the same time. That was my experience with that. I'm currently waiting on a claim that has been jumping back and forth for a little while. It's likely to make a big jump if they have done something with it. Any movement is good news with the VA! :)

good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I'll definitely check the "Benefit Summary Letter" georgia papa. Asteketee, I was wondering if the dependent claim could be the hold up and they were waiting on that to clear. I just thought it was strange to see movement so early, when I see others having to wait so long.