VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another 100% P & T

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My Navy friend has been on Compensation since 1994. He has filed for Service Connection for PTSD numerous times. Saturday he finally got good news 100% P & T. This is the first time he has been Service Connected. Over the years many of you have answered questions that I posed about subjects that were related to his claim. Mike Harris, about 3 years ago told me this vet should have a Combat Action Ribbon (CAR) & told me where to go to verify. We submitted this info, but VA said not on DD214, so was denied. After more VA BS got him a DD215 listing the CAR. I know this seems long way to say thanks, but it is the best news I've had in LONG Time & it has not been easy for this vet.

Thanks everyone,

Don Evans

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Don-does Mike know this great news?

I have his email addy etc- he still helps many vets but has been doing some serious Elk hunting lately.

This also goes to show- that TDIU or 100% for PTSD can be awarded without prior SC rating at all.

I had only one vet who had no SC but I helped him get TDIU for PTSD in less then 4 months-

his private medical evidence is what did it.

This is another great example of the fact that- regardless of whether a vet has SC for PTSD or not- they can get a TDIU award with the right evidence.

So much for the vet reps who try to say a vet has to be 70% before they can apply for TDIU.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

This was 100% P & T Schedular for PTSD. Seems like VA gives TDIU for a while & then without any reason switches to Schedular. YES, I sent Mike an email, since he is not on HADIT I went back & dug up his email address. He is doing a great job & I miss him here at HADIT. Now I need to go to school on EED, this vet has not worked & been on Compensation since 1994.

Thanks,

Don

WOW- 100% schedular PTSD -I dont see many of these--

what kind of compensation do you mean back to 1994?

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

Guess I got happy fingers. It should say Pension. They turned down the Compensation because they wouldn't approve (verify) his stressor. He worked in a cooler on ship that served as Morgue. They finally took the CAR & 2 battles that ship was in, one Gio Linh & other I can't remember. They should have to pay him all the way back to 1994.

Don

• HadIt.com Elder

It is so wrong but many Viet Nam Vets with PTSD have to settle for Pensions. What is weird is the ones I know about are greatful for that.

Congrats on helping a Veteran Don.

Don-he might have the bases for a CUE claim- hard to say-

geeez---- with the MOS and awards he had they certainly should have awarded SC a long time ago.