VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed And Ab8 Letter Says 100%

Rate this question

DNETT

Question

I retired from the USAF with 24 yrs of service due to back,knee and multiple other issues verses being forced out due to not being able to run. I had a lot of concerns about the VA and then I stumbled on to this website. Although I had not posted very much I have been reviewing all the forums for about 2 years. I filled under the BBD program in July 2014 with an official retirment date of 1 Sept. I have been looking at E Benifits about once a week for the past couple of months to see my status jump back and forth many times then on 8 Feb it jumped to prep for decesion. So I started checking everyday no change until I checked on 15 Feb and to my amazement my claim was closed on 14 Feb 2015. I checked my VA letters and below is what my AB8 letter stated

Dear Mr. Xxxx

This letter certifies that XXXXXXX is receiving service-connected disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The current benefit paid is as follows:

Gross Benefit Amount $3,187.60

Net Amount Paid $0.00

Effective Date December 1, 2014

Combined Evaluation 100 percent

1. I retired on 30 Aug. shouldn't that be my effective date?

2 . Once the VA figures out my back pay from my understanding the net amount will reflect the back pay amount .Am I correct?

I want to thank everyone who contributes to this website It has made this process almost painless for me. I feel a little guilty that mine claims were painless and so many of my Brothers/Sisters in arms are having such a difficult time. I wish you all the best and will keep you updated once I recieve my brown envelope and payment.

Thank you all !!!!!!

Heh congrats on the retirement and kudos on the ratings. Just make sure you take care of yourself and make sure you keep your continuity of care going.

All I just wanted to update my status. I received my brown envelope last week confirming the 100%. There are a few of my conditions that I was service connected at 0% that I disagree with. For example my HBPI have been taking medication of 8 years. As long as I take my MEDs It's stays around 125/90. But if I don't it s145/120. The way I read the CFR I should have received 10%. Additionally I was very surprised that the VA stated that there was evidence of other Benifits in my SMRs that I didnt claim and to return an included claim form if I wanted to claim the additional 3 items. My AB8 letter has been updated with the Net Amount Paid with an effective date of 1 March 2015. After talking with my VSO she stated I should get my first check the 1st of April. I have my fingers crossed but I have not word on my retro pay yet.

Thanks again for all your help and support!