VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

C%p Exam Today

bigjim

Question

Saw a shrink to day, he put in his report that i had PTSD< anziety, bipolar

sleep disorder and unable to hold a job. he also stated that i was not

able to maintain my own finances. everything he wrote down or rather

put in his computer was in my favor. did not want to see my stresser

letter, gave me a gaf of 35, he punch the send button and away it

went to Louisville,ky also he stated that I had been awared a silver

star, so why was va questioning me? any way what does all this

mean as far as comp goes....thanks ya'll for the help in the past//bigjim

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

10 answers to this question

Big Jim, That was a good C@P. Lexington VA has treated me extremely well concerning the C@P's I have had there. I have had bad one but it was in 94 with a NP who did not Know duck crap from apple butter.

The rest were great. The louisville Regional office is OK now for the SSCM seems to be OK.

By the way, I used to work with some of your home boys from Annville at the Bluegrass Ordance in Richmond back in the 80's.

John

"also he stated that I had been awared a silver

star, so why was va questioning me"

He made a good point BigJim- a Silver Star usually indicates quite a stressor!

He did not need the stressor letter because of that Jim.Thanks for doing whatever you had to do to earn this award.

Silver Star:

"a. The Silver Star, section 3746, title 10, United States Code (10 USC 3746), was established by Act of Congress 9 July 1918 (amended by act of 25 July 1963).

b. The Silver Star is awarded to a person who, while serving in any capacity with the U.S. Army, is cited for gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force, or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. The required gallantry, while of a lesser degree than that required for the Distinguished Service Cross, must nevertheless have been performed with marked distinction"

from http://www.americal.org/awards/achv-svc.htm

Did he state that your problems were caused or related to your service time? More likely than not, least as likely as not, or the result of service.

Josephine

he said that it was all related to the military , however he thinks the bipolar seed had always been

there, just the military broght it out. He was so nice, done most of the talking, i just agreeed with him

had my nephew drive me there, he asked about him, said I should have been award ptsd in '

97 when i was applied, things have changed since then, he said promise me that if i have the

crazy idea of suiside to come to va first, i promised i would, 2.5 hours of this enterview, all in '

positive for me. thanks//jim

Big Jim, in 97 the Manager of the louisville was an idiot and has caused serious headaches for Vets. Many KY Vets are getting their just Due for this Chump is no longer around. I wonder if you may be one of them.

Do you have the Paperwork this guy sent you in 97? He did not apply the correct regs to my and many other claims back then and I recently busted his ( Donkey) with a Cue claim. It is worth looking into.

Big Jim, in 97 the Manager of the louisville was an idiot and has caused serious headaches for Vets. Many KY Vets are getting their just Due for this Chump is no longer around. I wonder if you may be one of them.

Do you have the Paperwork this guy sent you in 97? He did not apply the correct regs to my and many other claims back then and I recently busted his ( Donkey) with a Cue claim. It is worth looking into.

yes i still have the letter of denial, there are no ref of any sort on it, just a statement that the

dr. had, when i showed this to the dr to day and he read it, it first impression was why wasnt

i given pstd back then??? I will have to wait now, to see what happens, but I really feel

confortable about, all the req were meet, divorces , no friends, never alone, cant

handle money matters, dreams , no sleep, etc, all in my favor.. thedr was really

on my side so it seems,, tks bigjim

"also he stated that I had been awared a silver

star, so why was va questioning me"

He made a good point BigJim- a Silver Star usually indicates quite a stressor!

He did not need the stressor letter because of that Jim.Thanks for doing whatever you had to do to earn this award.

Silver Star:

"a. The Silver Star, section 3746, title 10, United States Code (10 USC 3746), was established by Act of Congress 9 July 1918 (amended by act of 25 July 1963).

b. The Silver Star is awarded to a person who, while serving in any capacity with the U.S. Army, is cited for gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force, or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. The required gallantry, while of a lesser degree than that required for the Distinguished Service Cross, must nevertheless have been performed with marked distinction"

from http://www.americal.org/awards/achv-svc.htm

i did not know i was awarded the silver star, i asked him twice are u sure, he said yes, he also said

that if he had one he would present it to me its been lost some one all these years, oh well,,bigjim

Big Jim, after you get your decision, I guess it will be sent out soon, I would like to get with you and see if You have a CUE on a previous decision.

Big Jim, after you get your decision, I guess it will be sent out soon, I would like to get with you and see if You have a CUE on a previous decision.

jstacy i dont not have a cue claim at this time on 1997, haowever i have been reading and quite

a few claims were turned down in 97, i have to go next monday to va again for a prostate

cancer exam? I have sent them my private Drs exam with results showing i have a small

but still cancer, question, do i still need to send in a stress letter i have two, to va anyway?

or does it matter at this point? thanks //bigjim usn

The first thing the VA looks at is the stressor. They need to correlate the actual events that triggred a Patients PTSD. Validity of stressors is what is needed, However, in your case with the silver star, and Combat, you should have less difficulty in obtainining SC for your PTSD.