VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File Claims Folder Is New Process

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

a new proceeds heads up. email i got after request,

Privacy Act and Freedom of Information Act Requests are now being handled at a centralized location. I have forwarded your request as well as this address update...

also they will call you and send you a letter asking if you want your records in hard copy paper or on a CD.

to lesten the time frame from now on put your answer to this in your FOIA request.

Tired coastie it's almost a must. I didn't want to hear the excuse that they didn't get my NOD on time. I sent three copies. One snail mail, one faxed, and one Green carded, guess what, when I got my c file only one was there, when my law dog sent me a copy of what they sent him when he did the FOIA, only one, but they had both versions of my NOD, mine and my attorneys. Personally green card it every time. Always mention in your correspondence what you sent, how many pages it was, and an enclosure list. Overkill, yeah probably so, but mistakes on their part seem to happen a lot. Conveniently.

No kidding! An admin type used to go around preaching the approach - "if in doubt, over-route." It's a good strategy and I should have done it this last time. I've done before having faxed and certified mailed my previous Form 9 just to be sure they got it on time. Funny thing, the certified mail copy made it into the system BEFORE the faxed copy. That one struck me as somewhat weird. Being a new facility, the EIC should be receiving the faxes as electronic files, which means that there should be no scanning required....just move the file to the right bin, then next.

You would think so. I mean I'm into technology but I like the old school approach. With what I've learned here and from the VA these past few years, yeah watch your six.

I didn't llike the way my law dog sent the forms 9 and last NOD. I specifically told them I do not want to waste my time at the regional office and his aide asked for traditional appeal but wrote DRO as well. Makes no sense.

Anyways, the whole new FOIA requests process is going to cause problems. Adding more gears to machine doesn't make things easier when they're not placed correctly. Rrrrr

Edited by ArNG11

I had read to send my FOIA for C File to the Records management office. So i did that on June 4, certified return receipt. certifeid showed it arriving, but never got back the return receipt...sent a second letter same way and faxed it and IRIS'd the notification.

Finally saw here that it goes to Claims intake center, sent in Certified/Return Receipt, fax and IRIS message today.....i guess ill check back here in 14 months when it finally gets here. added the part "...including all handwritten notes, post-its and all decision forms or blue sheets as they are sometimes known." as per Mr. Phillip Rogers in another thread here.

What im worried about is the fact that my initial claim for compensation was filed and awarded in Alaska, then continued on into Idaho and now the latest one/appeal is in another state. Getting all those files from 3 different states is probably going to cause me to be the cautionary tale of hadit c file requests....

I have also heard you can get your C-File once for free after that they charge you? is that true.

I wanted to get my c file now for my DRO hearing/appeal however i want to keep it updated once this and my last claims are finally decided, and im done. cna i request it again then to make sure all the latest documents are updated for any future re-evaluations, etc.?

Edited by USMC_VET

If you do not get green cardback in one week, take your receipt and go to USPS web site and input number, should tell you when VA received it. Then take your little green receipt to your local post office and ask them to print out who signed for it. Works for me.

BTW, Newnan Ga intake center just stamps the green card, no signature, but you can follow as noted above and find out who signed fot the letter/package.

If you do not get green cardback in one week, take your receipt and go to USPS web site and input number, should tell you when VA received it. Then take your little green receipt to your local post office and ask them to print out who signed for it. Works for me.

BTW, Newnan Ga intake center just stamps the green card, no signature, but you can follow as noted above and find out who signed fot the letter/package.

Thanks, Vern. I'll do that. Tracking shows that the envelope was received quite some time ago.