VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Delete

Rate this question

Guest rickb54

Question

• Answers 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You know, this is a pretty ironic debate. Basically what I'm reading is that the GAO/VA is looking to establish some sort of "means testing" for IU!

Reading the comments of a few of us posted in this thread ,some of us seem to feel that vets who are otherwise "qualified by the rules on the books " are unfairly screwing the IU system by getting their award after they have retired or after they are sixty . The implication must be that these Vets are undeserving because they "must" be manipulating the system just to pad their already comfortable retirement income.

So, what these guys must want is the government to demand that Vets with service connected disease/iinjury also prove they are NOT financially independent.....i.e MEANS TESTING for disabled VETs

Oh and of course if it hAPPENS that your DM 2 heart disease disables you at age 60, you have no right to get I.U because you are so close to age 65 retirement that you should have no need for the I.U dollars! and are obviously just trying to pad your already handsome retirement income.

Now , as an admitted cynic who has seen the congress time again vote it self midnight raises and have watched our rich elected representatives resist any and all attempts to means tes,t say , something like social security, or to remove the limit on incomes taxed for social security , both of which would permanently fix that sytem: but of course would bring their wealthiest supporters out with clubs in their hands

So what we have here is another fat cat attempt to initiate some "budget discipline" by screwing one of the few groups of people who through their service to their country and related pain and injury are still vulnerable and relatively powerless.

Heaven forbid the budget discipline be applied where it should be, to the fat cats who have the power to get these pricks re elected.

Oh and by the way, the fact that I was over 60 when my DM2/heart problems forced me to retire means that I do not suffer as much as the guy who was disabled at age 40.

It also means that had I not become disabled because of my service to my country I would absolutely never worked beyong age 65.

Finally, it beyond the shadow of a doubt , means I am manipulating the system to the detriment of more deserving younger VETS who will find the funds are just no longer there for their needs!!!

CAN ANYONE FAIL TO SEE HOW THIS IS ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO BALANCE THE BUDGET ON THE BACKS OF VETERANS???? Check the damn voting records of your congressmen next week and vote the damn anti vets the hell out of office!!!!!

You know, this is a pretty ironic debate. Basically what I'm reading is that the GAO/VA is looking to establish some sort of "means testing" for IU!

Reading the comments of a few of us posted in this thread ,some of us seem to feel that vets who are otherwise "qualified by the rules on the books " are unfairly screwing the IU system by getting their award after they have retired or after they are sixty . The implication must be that these Vets are undeserving because they "must" be manipulating the system just to pad their already comfortable retirement income.

So, what these guys must want is the government to demand that Vets with service connected disease/iinjury also prove they are NOT financially independent.....i.e MEANS TESTING for disabled VETs

Oh and of course if it hAPPENS that your DM 2 heart disease disables you at age 60, you have no right to get I.U because you are so close to age 65 retirement that you should have no need for the I.U dollars! and are obviously just trying to pad your already handsome retirement income.

Now , as an admitted cynic who has seen the congress time again vote it self midnight raises and have watched our rich elected representatives resist any and all attempts to means tes,t say , something like social security, or to remove the limit on incomes taxed for social security , both of which would permanently fix that sytem: but of course would bring their wealthiest supporters out with clubs in their hands

So what we have here is another fat cat attempt to initiate some "budget discipline" by screwing one of the few groups of people who through their service to their country and related pain and injury are still vulnerable and relatively powerless.

Heaven forbid the budget discipline be applied where it should be, to the fat cats who have the power to get these pricks re elected.

I don't think we're powerless. I think we're disorganized! If we could get a cohesive group of veterans together nationally, get media publicity and conduct an ongoing protest movement emphasizing the effects of past VA practices on today's returning Afghanistan and Iraq service men and women and soon-to-be vets, we could probably become a deciding force for the 2008 election! And if we could let the congresscritters know we're on track right now - we might even influence the 2006 - 2008 legislative period. Whatcha think?

OBJEE,

You are absolutely correct but honestly I am too screwed up fighting with illness to do anything other than vote against those whose voting records are anti vet. I'd bet there are too many Vets in the same shape a I am

OBJEE

I don't think we're powerless. I think we're disorganized! If we could get a cohesive group of veterans together nationally, get media publicity and conduct an ongoing protest movement emphasizing the effects of past VA practices on today's returning Afghanistan and Iraq service men and women and soon-to-be vets, we could probably become a deciding force for the 2008 election! And if we could let the congresscritters know we're on track right now - we might even influence the 2006 - 2008 legislative period. Whatcha think?

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Unfortunately, I can see our current VA Secretary Nicholson bending over backwards to support the GAO - - when the Secretary should be backing the Veteran! Remember that the Secretary is not voted into office, he's appointed - by you know who: thank you very much (not)!

This report is horseshit IMO!

VA has clear regulations for implementing TDIU laws and regulations. These laws and regulations have been in effect since about the 1960's.

I did notice how they omited the preceding TD is all of their report, except for a single ( ) in the preamble! TD means Total Disability, service-connected to Military Service!

Nowhere in their report do I see or feel a sense of gratitude or respect for the defenders of our Country! Nowhere in their report do I read an honest or humble appreciation for the Sacrifice.

They are talking numbers and dollars, and nothing with spirit or soul. Beurocracy at its worst !! Its gross!!

Let them keep bashing the TRUE and the BRAVE and they will see their precious Government Budget fall prey to their Foreign Investors! Who will fight for them now ????????????

~Wings