VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Delete

Rate this question

Guest rickb54

Question

• Answers 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

As a Volunteer service officer your duty is to assist Veterans in filing their claims through the VA. It is not your duty to opinionate and mislead Veterans for any curcumstance regardless of your views.

Several VSO's that I know do just that and need to be canned. It aint all about the money, It is about the Veteran. Why should you worry about the money, They not going to give any of your taxes back.

JMHO

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Rick, I somewhat see your point that a guy who had 10% for 40 years and finishes a full career and retires with a full pension and then suddenly develops symptoms to justify IU is a bit fishy. My problem is that the VA will try and throw out the baby, bathwater, bathtub, toilet and the veteran. The people in government who don't want to pay for the long term consequences of the war in Iraq will grab an issue like IU and just beat us all to death with it. I think each decision should be reached on its own merits. I don't know about you ,but I had to prove my IU was due solely to my service connected disability and no other reason. I don't see the VA just handing out IU awards. I do see them trying to write rules to drastically limit the benefit for vets just to save money and for no other reason. I do not trust the government to keep their promises to vets in any way, shape or form. They will use any excuse to cut our benefits so we just have to fight every attempt even if some bad apples get benefits. Think of the many thousands who got nothing but deserved 100%. I think of all the PTSD combat vets who got thrown out after their service in Vietnam and many with bad conduct discharges.

Rick, dont post moron comments and allow anyone to question your integrity. Im sure you do a fine Job as a VSO. I dont have very much faith in VSO's I use them as secretarys and filing boys to run claims issues to the VARO. After my first experience with the DAV I decided to do it mysself and Have been very successful.

If I was 90 percent and Iu, I would keep my big mouth shut for you may be the first one they look at. You would lose $1000 per month.

You have no right to Judge me, I have not judged you. It is none of your business what I do, I have only interpeted what you have said.

Your agreeing that vets abuse IU and it is only political hogwash derived from a report by some Republican led accountant at the GSA. Our country does not work that way.

It is my opinion that most veteran service Officers will be out of a Job in less than 2 years when the Attorneys take over. Then complain about IU being abused.

The Bottom line is this , Given the negative profile of the VA Regional Offices and their constant denials of claims or low balling ratings, You actually think they are allowing an abuse if IU.