VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One Cancer On Appeal For Ao Now Another New Pops Up

Rate this question

Slowlane

Question

I have a one year old appeal going for a head & neck cancer agent orange connected.

Now, it appears that I have a new primary lung cancer that could be agent orange presumptive.

The Question: Will the ongoing appeal cancel the new claim or screw it up somehow??????

Thanks in advance.....

The head and neck AO claim.......

is that claimed under the STS cancers?

(Soft tissue sarcomas presumptive due to AO)

The list of them is here:

By all means file the AO lung claim.

Good gravy Berta you hit the sarcoma foreign language award of the year. I could actually read one of every nine words. You been hanging around asknod toooooo long.

Thank you sincerely for your help.

I will be back with more information and questions in a few days........lots happening to me in the next few days.

Slowlane

It appears that my lung cancer has been officially tied to my 4 1/2 year old head and neck cancer via metastasis. The local pathologist's report says it metastasized from the 4 1/2 year old head and neck cancer that has been denied and sitting in appeals for over 14 months.

If I add this to the existing appeal it will just slow it down even more and wont make much difference in the long run.

>>>>> I could file on this new lung cancer claiming that it is a new primary but, it will be easily denied as a secondary. I could reference in my claim that there are studies on the internet that argue that metastasis are unlikely to occur at 4 1/2 years out. This might give me the "as likely as not" consideration.

Still sittin and thinkin

Slowlane

This source ( NIH is always a good med source ) says that pulmonary cancers can occur from metastasizing from other soft tissue sarcomas.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1420804/

I would claim it as secondary to the prime cancers you have claimed....what type of soft tissue sarcoma do you have, Slowlane?

The problem with sarcomas is that they are actually rare types of cancer and VA probably doesn't have a clue on them, unless your medical records identify exactly the type that compares to the same name on the STS list.

I found some claims at the BVA that questioned that the veteran claimed STS but VA said they didn't have STS cancer.
That concerns me because this is a rare disability, and the list of STS, may well have other medical terms used in the med recs, that might well mean STS cancer.

This case has some rating info as to how they rated this vet's STS cancer:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp14/Files2/1416247.txt

"1. The criteria are met to establish a 30 percent evaluation, but no higher, for soft tissue sarcoma left cervical region, from November 1, 2007 to April 27, 2010. 38 U.S.C.A. §§ 1155, 5103, 5103A, 5107(b) (West 2002 & Supp. 2013); 38 C.F.R. §§ 3.102, 3.159, 3.321(b)(1), 4.1, 4.3, 4.7, 4.10, 4.55, 4.56; 4.73, Diagnostic Codes 5322 and 5329 (2013)."

The decision also suggest that a metastasis could have been rated if present.
"There also has not been recurrence or metastasis of the soft tissue sarcoma."

Have you posted the denial here in the past Slowlane, as to why they denied the STS in the first place?

Berta,

I dont have STS.

I started out with "base of tongue" cancer because that was where the main focal point was. Original paperwork from the ENT that performed the surgery stated "161.0 Larynx, Glottis Primary". Granted by VA for 2 years at 100% as larynx cancer Agent Orange presumptive.

I should have never moved to Florida but I did as I needed to get out of the Alabama woods and nearer to large hospitals and numerous Doctors to choose from.

As soon as I resettled in Florida, St Pete re-opened my case and got a local OBGYN VA Doc to find that I had "base of tongue" PRIMARY. Totally ignoring the Board Certified ENT's five (5) reports that said "161.0 Larynx, Glottis Primary". I flew 500 miles one way to St Pete to present all 5 reports to a DRO at a recorded hearing. 30 days later they severed my service connection and put me on the hamster wheel and are dragging their feet to give me my SOC and Form 9. All iris inquiries have been rubber stamp jargon answers.

That was 14 months ago and now I have lung cancer to add to the pile of stuff they deny and ignore.

I live in Jeff Miller's district so you can see how scared the VA is of him. I would write him but he has no power in St Pete.

I hope I live long enough to see the VA go down, get farmed out, fired and if they could embarrassment. That would be my 100%

Bet they come after me now because they sure as hell aint working claims.

Slowlane

Sorry, yes I forgot you had told us that before.Not STS cancer

"30 days later they severed my service connection and put me on the hamster wheel and are dragging their feet to give me my SOC and Form 9."

Have you contacted either Secretary Bob or the Under Secretary Ms. Hickey?

Wait, did I read this wrong?????

"St Pete re-opened my case and got a local OBGYN VA Doc" HUH?

That is your door to an appeal right there...How long ago was the C & P by the OBGYN done ?

You needed on oncology opinion........I recently knocked down a ludicrous C & P opinion on my 1151 HBP claim.

I called CUE on them And they reversed within a few weeks....

We have to start fighting back right away when we get these quack C & P opinions.

In no way does a OBGYN have expertise , as far as I know, in the field of cancer.....