VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Dilemma

Rate this question

diver

Question

Ok everyone here is my dilemma. As some of you have read in the Vocational rehabilitation forum I am slated to start school on April 7th and I have turned in notice to quit work on March 20th. I cannot take back my notice so I am going to be unemployed whether I want to or not. I was scolded by my VA rep for letting the schools VA counselor get the requested information. Unknown to me the VA vocational rehab councilor wanted me to do all of this without help. This caused me to stress out so much and made me so angry that I wanted to drop the training and forget about it. I have been told by many people that I should put in for TDUI. I am 50% for depression and 40% for lumbar strain. I kept refusing because I wanted to be able to work if I want to. After getting so angry and stressed about it I am second thinking the TDUI. With everything that I have said about leaving my job and voc rehab should I put in for the TDUI and SSDI?

Thank you

Diver

I think that TDIU and SSDI is a good option for you, but they don't like to see disabled Vets going to school. I have multiple degrees and was actually working on my Doctorate Degree when I had to resign from job and school. Remember that the Govt likes to think that if we are smart, we must be Cured or not sick. They want us to be dumb old Vets!!! Only you can decide it is worth you rocking the boat. God Bless and good luck

I have been putting a lot of thought into TDUI and SSDI I think that while I am in school for voc rehab I will apply SSDI. Being 90% and having a lot of different things that cause me daily pain I think I have a fair chance of getting it. I really don’t know anything about how to go about it but I am sure there are plenty of people here that are more than willing to give me pointers on what and how to do it. After I am done with SSDI I will file for TDUI and see where that goes. I am just tired of always being in pain. All I know is when I take time off from work I tend to be in half the pain. I hope that if I get the SSDI and TDUI I can have a better quality of life. I will officially be out of work on 3/20 and then I will start filing on the 21st.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have more medical evidence that warrants an increase try for the 100% rating P&T.

if denied ask for TDIU...if you can't work because of your SC disability's?

Either way good luck Buddy

Buck!

• HadIt.com Elder

You should put in for TDIU I would dance a little if asked if you quit. Just tell them you had too IF THEY ASK

I will because it would be a true answer. I have no choice but to leave. One is because of school but the school is because I can't keep working like I am. When I started my job I was only rated for my knees and my back for 20% lumbar strain. Now I am at 40% lumbar strain because of having to lift equipment and bend over equipment. I am doing the school with vocational rehabilitation because I need the money to pay the bills. Afterwards I will do my best to work but sitting for long periods of time is not fun. If I get ssdi and tdui I will keep working until I hit 100% p&t

If you get IU or SSDI, you most likely wont be able to work bud. The Govt don't like for Vets to rock the boat, or work when they are receiving Disability income and benefits. Only you can decide what is right for you. Good luck