VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prep For Decision In Ebennies

Rate this question

Scotter04

Question

I got movement on ebennies today, my claim went from gathering of evidence yeterday to Prep for decision today. It's been ten months since starting the process and I know it might be a few more til completion. The fun starts now waiting for the outcome of the decision.

Scotter04,

Periodically check your "Benefit Summary Letter" under "Downloadable VA Letters" on Ebenefits. Usually any change in rating status shows up on the Benefit Summary Letter before the veteran receives the BBE or official notification from the VA. Once your status on ebenefits changes to "preparation for notification," I would start checking the "Benefit Summary Letter" daily. I would also start checking your direct deposit account for your retro at this point. I think you will receive a decision in a matter of weeks rather than months. JMO.

Georgiapapa

Glad to see your claim is moving bud, and good advice given by Georgia. My claim just went to Prep for Decision last week too. We should both know something in 4-6wks give or take. Good luck

Man you guys are having better luck than I am. My claim was in prep for decision for a week and it went back to gathering evidence today. Ebennies is the devil. I knew better but I was getting hopeful with the DRO Coming up here in 24 days On my first appeal. Dang it man. Patience paddawon learner is all I keep telling myself. Good luck guys.

I've been a learner since I first filed back in June, 2010......and the learning continues......I have a long way to go.

Mark

I'm still learning but I just don't have the right temperament not to off in the deep end. :mellow::unsure:

Thanks guys, I also am a learner and wish I found this AWESOME site a long long time ago. I am learning something new each time I'm on here from everyone. I also know that I will need this site for years to come. Now to just sit back and check ebennies, yeah right. It will be a bit nerve racking. Good luck to you all, in your fight.