VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yeah Right..

Rate this question

SeattleShay

Question

The VA claimed on CBS Evening News that they have completed over 60% of the case backlaog......

This was after they refused to comment on the file cabinet of ignored claims at the Oakland RO was brought to light.

I'm sure there are a FEW good VA employees, but it's getting harder and harder to believe it.

Guess I should feel lucky that I sit here at 16 months and no C&P's ordered... :blink:

You need to email Undersecretary Hickey or Secretary McDonald and request assistance.

Allison.Hickey@va.gov

or

Robert.A.McDonald@va.gov

Good luck to you.

GP

SeattleShay:

I'm an analyst and have been watching the numbers of the disability claims backlogs drop recently? It appears that the RO raters and staff are on mandatory overtime again as well? So, I think the key is to see if there is a direct relational increase in NODs or appeals during the same timeframe among the Regional Offices? Also, If there is not an increase in NODs or Appeals during the same timeframe, than it's great for the veterans and the push to get the backlog down is valid. However, if there's an appreciable or above normal increase in NODs or Appeals during the same time period, then Vets-pay with the normal singifcant amount of time delays that occur with NODS and appeals processing? So, the data will eventually tell the real story. The same holds true for the accuracy of the claims which right now show an appreciable an sustained upward trend based upon the numbers that the RO's are themselves reporting? Either way, it's got to be a tough job with a lot of pressure to produce? The VA OIG does a pretty good job of auditing the RO's for this kind of information and hopefully it's a good news story now that things are getting better... ?

Edited by rootbeer22