VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fill In Nurse Kept All Correspondence For Meds Refill From Doctor

retiredat44

I have to personally request each month my morphine that i have been taking for 20 years. For February, I started my usual monthly request for my morphine refills January 30th. They never came, but they sometimes let time slip, in fact they let it slip so bad they now refill on the 2nd week of the month when it all is suppose to be the 1st of every month. Not it is slipping a day each month later. They refuse to make it the 1st of every month, as they just let it slip. Then, apparently my primary doctor's nurse at the VA must have went on vacation, there was a fill in nurse. She never forwarded all of my requests to my doctors, so he never sent the refills. They always send them by UPS and I have to sign for them. How many years of this stuff goes on with sick vets, and yet the VA keeps saying they fix the problems! I cannot live or eat, not to mention pain and withdrawls from the wrong dose... I could not eat, drink, or live, I have a fatal form of pancreas disease. It is supposedly one of the worst painful diseases, I can only say it is hell, horrible. I take nausea meds for cancer patients. I just didn't know where else to put this post.

Thanx for letting me vent!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have Medicare?

My advice to you is to get the hell out of the VA before they kill you.

You should have already obtained an attorney since they cannot charge you to represent you at the BVA or court.

J

Sorry to hear of your issues bud. It is hard to relate, as I have a lot of health issues but have never and will never be able to take pain meds due to my Crohns Disease and had 2 blood transfusions. Good luck anyways, just focus on what little good you believe in and I wish you the best.

I have had private and va,,, in General the VA hospital has been good,, I am not even going into the 1151 issues and the disease and surgeries, but a few bad apples... I had Kaiser and they sucked too.... and hate any medical/medicare stuff.. hate as they were worse, as I had socialized medical coverage because we were poor growing up. VA is still better then that... plus, I hope to never ever have to explain my life story again,, a huge frakkin mess!!!!