VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice For Newbees

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I have noticed lately that new threads are being opened for questions about posts that have been started in other threads.....and/or in other forums here.

I usually search for the older posts because I don't remember all of the issues when a new question pops up, without explaining the background info.

I am not willing to do that anymore. It takes too much time.

If you make a post, please try to get back to the original post, with additional questions.

If you cant remember where the original post was, go to your profile and under posts it will pop up and you can click on it and continue the original thread.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Is this a matter of cross posting, or just not searching old threads? For my work search for prior ticketed deficiencies we have a small field underneath where we can type stream of conciousness words like 'software engine; menu items;documentation......." etc that helps the forum group similar things like it together within a greater general topic. Does this form have 'tagging' as an option that could be enabled?

Just a thought from your friendly neighborhood programmer.

CAS

Edited by brokensoldier244th

I think that feature is here but ,for me, I like to read a new post, that is in the same thread, for the same thing.

Some of the threads here go back many years,with updates from time to time.

Berta:

I see that you're a longtime contributor to Hadit.com. Thanks for the very good advice and it makes sense to leverage the work that has already been done by others in this forum. I try to search before I ask a question but need to be better at it... Anyway, I have what is supposed to be my final C&P exams tommorrow and have to drive 3 hours to get them done so hopefully I'll get my claim resolved in a reasonable time frame after that? I'm generally very optomistic, but after some of my own recent experiences with the claims processes, I've changed that now to be "causiously optomistic" after all of the stories I read at Hadit.com. I know they are as unique and varied as the person who makes the claims and the opinions that they express, so we'll see? Anyway, thanks for all of your help and contributions to folks like me over the years...it's been very helpful...

I have noticed lately that new threads are being opened for questions about posts that have been started in other threads.....and/or in other forums here.

I usually search for the older posts because I don't remember all of the issues when a new question pops up, without explaining the background info.

I am not willing to do that anymore. It takes too much time.

If you make a post, please try to get back to the original post, with additional questions.

If you cant remember where the original post was, go to your profile and under posts it will pop up and you can click on it and continue the original thread.

Thanks

Ditto - time has just gotten too valuable - especially if it's time when

we are feeling decent.

jmho