VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Panic Stricken! Lost A Hearing Aid!

Rate this question

nlualum82

Question

I have been wearing only my left (better ear) hearing aid for a few days because I had some swellinmg and tenderness in my left ear.

This morning I checked my pockets for it and came up empty! I called back to work and asked if anyone had found one - no luck. I've searched the house with no results.

Checked the washer and dryer, clean and dirty clothes, the area where I put them at night and anywhere it could have fallen from there

I don't know what to do! I have been thinking about starting by calling my VSO. Thought I'd ask here first.

I've been issued hearing aids since the early or mid 80's and this is the first time this has happened. I've had several pair replaced with updated models, never had this come up.

I am afraid they could charge me thousands for this! Perhaps I've got it coming, I did lose it, after all, just not an easy thing to swallow!

Any experience with this out there? Advice?

Gary

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I am afraid I have only had this set a couple of years. Not sure exactly when I got them. I guess it's too much to expect that I'd get a pass for this being the first lost one in over 20 years.

Where do I start? VSO? Audiology?

Gary

I lost my first VA provided hearing aid -- a CIC about 3 months after I got it, went to audiology and got another one, no problem for me. I don't see any need to involve your VSO but that's up to you.

Good luck.

carlie

Guest rickb54

nlualum82,

I have had my hearing aids for about two years, I lost my first SET in the same week I got them! I was read the riot act, told not to lose them again, but two weeks later they were replaced. Get an appointment with audiology they know your history and will replace it for you free of charge.

Thanks everyone

As usual I have worried myself half to death, and will worry about missing the hearing aid awhile and anything else I can think of

but....

Thanks to your advice I called audiology and it looks like they will fit me for a new one.

I really hoped not to deal with them for a few more years - just had a lot of C & P's etc. last year!

I was told that it just went out of warranty a month or so ago, the company could've just sent out a carbon copy of the old one, but now we will start from scratch.

I am relieved that I am not paying for a replacement!

Gary