VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Exam Today...interesting.

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

Today I went and did my Gulf War Exam. I provided everything that was relevant to the case in an additional package just in case my records did not get digitized into the system? So, when I went in to the exam room the doctor had a package that consisted of no more than 3 documents? Also, I had studied the questionnaire in depth just to know how to respond to the questions based upon the relevant data in my SMRs. But, during the exam I had a quick cursory exam, and only a handful of questions had been asked while he typed and typed for some time? It appeared that the examiner may have already made up his mind based upon those 3 pages that he was already provided? Anyway, I provided my own package with over 100 key documents to make my case with very specific data? I provided a record of about 120 Blood Pressure Readings over my army career which shows that my significant hypertension started and when I had a kidney issue in Kuwait and after my hospitalization there? Also, in an accusatory tone said that my blood pressure was very high today and wanted to know if I had skipped my BP Meds? Frankly, I was very offended by that and said why would I risk a stroke or heart attack when my records already showed a detailed pattern of HBP while taking meds? So, we'll see how it goes because these were supposed to be my last C & P Exams? However, the jury is still out on that and the outcome of this as well. Mostly, I've been treated with respect but some of the attitudes are disappointing when I did my duty without question and with complete loyalty.

ROOT, keep very close tabs on your kidneys. Kidney cancer is high amongst desert storm vets. They told me I had a 5 cm cyst in 2005,, well in 2011 it turned out to be a cancerous tumor. The cancer was spreading fast, it was already in my renal vein and had much more time gone by, I wouldnt be here today, because it tends to spread to the lungs, and bones, then you can kiss your ass goodby. My entire kidney was removed, my adrenal gland, some of my renal vein, and in hoping its all gone.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Folks:

Well, I was right...at 1038 in the morning, I had on reading on a Pulmonary Functions Test, for my Gulf War Exam then at approximately at 5: 40 P.M. On the same day, the reading was changed to an updated normal reading.. I have well documented Bronchitis and significant breathing issues since the Gulf War. I've heard about this before and know that I can appeal once the claim results are announced... However, I'm going to pay for an independent LFT Exam by civilian authorities and if it matches the original LFT that was changed, I'm going to request the matter be formally investigated by the proper VA Authorities. It's one thing to review "all" of the evidence and then make a decision, it's another to have preconceived biases that are instituted across the board for Gulf War Illnesses that may or may not be present for soldiers that served within the Middle East at various times?

Edited by rootbeer22

Did you get a copy of the document that had the PFT reading before they changed it?

Also -- Do you have a copy of any requests the RO made for the exam? That way you can see exactly what they asked the doctor to check / give an opinion on.

Folks:

I took another PFT and they found some abnormal results...so it will be interesting to compare the 2 when I can...