VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spock Is Dead And He Was A Veteran

Stretch

• In Memoriam

READ: 22 Leonard Nimoy quotes that will live long and prosper forever

3. He was a war veteran and a scholar and worked several odds jobs before he became an actor

Nimoy served as a sergeant in the United States Army for two years in the '50s. During the Korean War, he was a member of the Third Army Band, also called the Ground Forces Band. He served as one of its announcers, according to the Kentucky Daily News.

Nimoy had before his military service taken a few drama classes at Boston College. At age 18, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.

Spock died of lung disease.

http://www.eonline.com/news/630585/leonard-nimoy-dies-at-age-83-read-7-fascinating-facts-about-the-iconic-actor-who-played-star-trek-s-spock

Edited by Stretch

My mother died in 96 when I was 14, and we used to watch the old series together. Brings back a lot of good memories. I am young, but she has been gone almost 20 years, and the sad thing is I can not remember most things about her, or even her wonderful voice. This damn PTSD, just breaks me in ways that I never thought would happen. God Bless rest her soul

• HadIt.com Elder

There goes my childhood. I watched the original series. Remember the first pilot which was about returning the original captain of the Enterprise to that weird planet ruled by the illusionists? I remember Spock playing bad guys in Highway Patrol on TV. He was a skinny, sinister thug with a switchblade. How unlike his real personality. Shatner is doing OK with the ads on TV although he is fat as hell. I remember him from Twilight Zone with the gremlins on the airplance.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

He had a good life!!! I'd like to make 83yo. I checked SSA stats and they figure based on my age now(69), they estimate I'll make 85yo but that doesn't bring into count any medical conditions. Anyone of us that served in VN are living on borrowed time, for sure!

Thanks, Leonard Nimoy, for all the pleasure you brought us over the years!!!

pr

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use