VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stun!

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

I checked eBenefits and saw that my NOD with six contentions closed on 26 Feb but no change in VA rating letter. Is there a delay in updating the VA Rating Letter? I should get the VA Decision Letter soon. I was hoping for an increase but it don't look that way. More to follow...

v/r

Chiefhouse

With the crazy weather, you should see an update within a week. Sometimes with this claims, your letter online wont even update until you have received it in the mail. Glad to see your claim finally finished and good luck

I would keep checking your "Benefit Summary Letter" daily. It is usually updated a few days after your claim is closed on ebenefits.

Good luck to you.

Greetings

As I suspected my claims were denied again by the VA here in Hawaii. Once I get over this shock and gather my thoughts, I will provide more details on what occurred. I provided my military service medical records, VA medical records and current medical records, and the RO totally dismissed those legal documents. I have nothing to hide and only want fairness, and that didn't happen. I would like the Sec of the VA to have the VA IG take a hard look at this VA facility because things here are not right. My VA doctors and C&P examiner confirmed my diabetes and depression condition but the RO had two other C&P doctors (within the last two weeks) disagree with their assessments of my medical condition. So, yes, I'm in disbelief with this outcome but very determine to have this whole process reviewed.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Edited by chiefhouse00

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember that evidence in "equipoise" goes to the veteran. It looks like the RO went C&P shopping, which although a common situation in the past, is not supposed to happen. I'd wonder if an email outlining the problem to Hicky might shake things up a bit, after you protect dates with an NOD.

CP exams by people outside of the vets immediate care circle are the sham of shams. The vets Primary should be in the loop on all exams, sitting in the room, next to the vet, if an expert in a specific area is needed. I can just imagine how many vets files arent even read before the CP examiners record thier opinions.