VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eligibility For Care In Different States

Rate this question

Agatha

Question

Is it legal to live in one state and use VA care in a neighboring state? I'm between three states, visiting with my children and family. I'm like a rolling stone. Here three months there two months and need to know the regulations. :wink:

Guest t�e�r�r�y�s�t�u�r�g�i�s

I use VA health care in Michigan and when I winter in Florida. I'm not sure if there is a particular regulation in regards to health care in different states but I did have to register in both states. Records are electronic and I believe that helps to make it possible.

VA is regional so it can be difficult for travelling veterans to get care unless you Enroll in each VA, which can take weeks or longer because it involves going thru eligibility and getting a PCP appointment.

I believe the reason for this is the money from each Region is for 'their' veterans.

So, it is possible - just allow for time to Enroll.

In a pickle the ER may issue 2 weeks worth of meds but, beyond that, you're gonna need an address for Meds By Mail.

:smile:

Edited by Notorious Kelly

• HadIt.com Elder

Here it takes so long for appointment...I sometimes go to the ER

but that has its draw backs too, have to stay like 5 or 6 hours to be seen but thats better than months.

I think a veteran can go to any VA Hospitals if emergency? but to be seen for meds yep I agree with everyone you have to register with that particular VAMC.

seems to me if everything is on computer what does it matter? if they put in your name and last 4?

I guess each VA has its own computer data and they don't link up with one another?

jmo

Buck!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Time for us to call Bob and have him fix the requirement to register in each region. They should allow cross-region lookups so care can be simplified

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with ya Vync!

................Buck!.............