VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seeing A New Psych Tuesday.

Rate this topic

My last Psych. retired and I rarely go in for appointments anyway.

For years I have been taking 2 fluoxetine and 2 bupoprions every morning.

It seems that more and more all I do is stay in bed and watch tv.

I rarely get up before noon, when the house is empty. I have a bowl of cereal and a glass of V8 over the morning crossword puzzle then go back to my room.

I am wondering if a change in meds might bring me back to some motivation to do things. I go as many as6 days without showering, shaving and brushing my teeth.

A part of the problem is that we have had 2 of my grandsons as foster kids. They were taken away from my methhead daughter. I fully support giving them a sage place to live with regular meals, but I am irritable and avoid them. They are 5 and 6 and when they are not in school or daycare during the week, my son has been watching them until my wife gets home.

I am anxious (always) lately about this appointment. I am hesitant to be treated by a new Dr. and am afraid of change.

Also worried about the questionaire they sent. It asks if I have access to firearms. I have all my life and have neber had an incident. I worry that a new Dr. might be an anti-gun crusader and bar me from having mine.

Anyone dealt with Dr. Satya Chandragiri?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the new Dr. Has asked me my life story and upped the bupropion tablets from 75 to 100 mg. Now take one with a fluoxetine in the morning and repeat in the afternoon.

His advice so far centers on my avoidance and he wants me to "avoid the avoidance". Seems like we are going to follow up.