VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% Ptsd Awarded Today...filed Iu At Sametime...was I Denied

Rate this question

bassrunnin

Question

I just found out that I was awarded 70% for PTSD, but if I was awarded IU wouldn't it show 100%...I did notice that my claim status says notification letter sent, but it also says gathering evidence. Does that mean now they are looking at my IU request? I'm really confused...

Thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Congrats on the 70% PTSD, did you download your AB8 letter on Ebenefits. If you did then it sounds like you were just awarded the PTSD and not IU. IU is not just automatically approved, unless you put in a claim for IU. Good luck and keep us posted

The A8 says 70% and I filed the form for UI when I did the initial claim I did notice today though that ebenies says:

Date Initiated Status Type Updates Actions 08/26/2014 GATHERING OF EVIDENCE Compensation

Status Has Changed

Decision Notification Sent

Development Letter Sent

Upload Documentation

Does this mean that they are now looking at the UI separatly? Or do they always give the results of the UI with the claim results?

bassrunnin,

Sometimes ROs are slow updating ebenefits status changes and this might explain the "Gathering Evidence" notation. However, it is possible they could be considering your IU claim separate from your PTSD claim. Hopefully, they are still considering the IU claim but I would not count on it until you receive notification.

Good luck to you.

GP

Just give it a few weeks and see what happens. It is easy to assume good or bad things in the early stages. Good luck and keep us posted.

Yeah your right, I guess I just need to wait on getting the BBE (which i've heard of it alot on these forums but dont know what it stands for) do you know how long it takes to get the BBE?

BBE stands for Big Brown Envelope. It will contain your claim decision letter and other documents.

Good luck to you..

GP