VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Bay Pines Ro Is Hilarious

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

A few months ago I filed what I thought was a new claim for Bilateral Sciatica but the BP RO changed it to left leg pain due to sciatica (ILLEGAL!!!!) Yes I was denied because they changed it as a "Reopening" of a previous claim. This was my fault because I didn't have clear understanding of Sciatica and Radiculopathy. I thought they were two DIFFERENT components/causes. JBasser set me straight on this.

Anyway in their denial they stated nothing in the records shows it being from service and there is a diagnosis even though:

1. Dr. Bash's medical opinion (actually TWO opinions) NEXUS'd it as being from my service from a progression in my lumbar spine.

2. Pain Management Neurologist diagnosed the leg pain as RADICULOPATHY from my lumbar spine.

3. I have an EMG that was conducted AFTER Dr. Bash wrote his IMO and before PM Neurologist Diagnosed it.

4. Its WRITTEN in BLACK AND WHITE in all my Diagnosis "NERVE DAMAGE" which was written in there back in 2012 when my VA PCP wrote it in there, because he knew what was going on before all the testing was done.

In this denial letter it also reads they did make a decision based on Dr. Bash and the VAMC progress reports but did NOT say a word about the EMG!!!! Can I say CUE!!!

I am not asking for help but I am just writing this to show how the VA incompetence is to a degree of being contaminated with radiation!!!

I already have 2 NODs asking for reconsideration at the RO level and starting tomorrow I am going to write my SOC to show how everything is connected and how all these MDs have diagnosed it to my Lumbar Spine. BTW March of last year they did change my Lumbar Strain to Lumbar DDD...HUH you asked? Yep they changed it to Lumbar DDD per Dr. Bash's examination he did on me in 2013, after the C&P examiner stated there was no Osteoarthritis in my spine whatsoever, that went against all the XRAYS that showed PROGRESSION DJD...

I am going to write a SOC for the reconsideration and document everything for them, word for word with all the evidence I have.

If you are smart, get copies of ALL your progress reports and testing. Why? Whenever I had my SSDI hearing the VA sent copies of all my records EXCEPT the EMG. Without that EMG I wouldn't have won my case. THE VA is pissed off with me because the judge granted me SSDI based on Dr. Bash's opinions and the EMG. The EMG only gave Dr. Bash more credit than any VA Doctor. The VA had not choice but to award me TDIU because they were caught in huge lies and covering up the EMG with the SSDI Judge. Yep you heard it first right here, get all your progress reports and testing reports and file them in a box and scan them to an extra hard drive. I have everything neatly filed...

Anyway yes we are not allowed to pyramid and I wasn't trying to, I just didn't know the difference between the two and now I do, thanks JBasser!!!

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think they all got a screw lose!

Buck!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

rpowell,

"contaminated with radiation" --- I know this is a serious screw up on the VA's part, but that statement really cracked me up.

radiation-banner.jpg

Gomer Pyle must have been manning the rater and quality control stations when they worked your claim. Radiculopathy down the legs and sciatica are practically the same thing. The VA tried the lumbar strain and lumbar DDD thing with me and denied me on some x-ray evidence alone, but when the MRI and the IMO from a spine surgeon was submitted they suddenly saw the light of reason.

I really hope you win on this and I have a feeling you will. You have been around long enough to know stupidity when you see it. I just wish you could see the face of the moron who screwed up your claim when they tell him/her that they screwed up.

Edited by Vync