VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Get My Tinnititus Service Connected

Rate this question

ranger11bv

Question

I was in the Army from 28-92. In that time I was an 11b (infantry) the whole time. Also, do i need / should file for any sedondary conditions? I have have been diagnosed with PTSD- non-combat related. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

a Veteran,

is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable toThe United States of America for an amount of 'up to and including my life'.......

------" you cant understand the full context of a comrade until you completely realize that the man standing next to you is willing to offer his life to protect you"----Irv Roller Cpl US Army

Great info posted by Berta. As you can see, "infantry" MOS is listed as "highly probable."

OK, a question. HOW should I file the claim. IE: PTSD, Tinnitus, or PTSD , Tinnitus secondary ect.... Any suggestions???

OK, a question. HOW should I file the claim. IE: PTSD, Tinnitus, or PTSD , Tinnitus secondary ect.... Any suggestions???

Personally, I WOULD NOT submit a claim for SC of Tinnitus secondary to any condition's other

than SC'd audiology conditions such as hearing loss, otitis media, or menieres.

It can also be SC'd secondary to some medications to treat an already SC'd condition.

PTSD ITSELF - DOES NOT CAUSE TINNITUS.

ranger11bv,

When I filed, I just filed primary claims for bilateral hearing loss and bilateral tinnitus. Like you, my MOS (Artillery Field Batteryman) was listed on the "highly probable" list. After my C & P exam, I received a rating of 10% for hearing loss and 10% for tinnitus. My C & P examiner did question me about occupational and recreational noise exposure since my discharge from military service. There is no definitive test for tinnitus but the C & P examiner did ask a few questions regarding my tinnitus.

Good luck to you.

GP